Gone are the days when creating content on traditional devices with minimal features was enough to do the task. But times have changed. Today’s content creation tasks take a lot of power. Be it video editing, 3D rendering, or live streaming, you now need a powerful machine to perform such tasks. Moreover, while you work on your studio setup, you also work while traveling or away from your home or office. But, regardless of where you are, you need one thing for sure, and that is the graphics processing unit. Having a potent graphics unit can make a high difference in your creative endeavors, and Intel Arc graphics exactly do that.
Whether you use a PC or laptop for content creation, Intel Arc graphics can take your creativity and content creation to the next level.
How Does the Intel Arc GPU Help Content Creators?
Intel Arc graphics are built on Xe microarchitecture with advanced features like the Xe media engine and Intel Deep Link that content creators can leverage for their good.
Xe Media Engine and AV1 encoding:
The Intel Arc’s Xe media engine uses the industry’s first hardware-enabled AV1 encoding and decoding unit. This AV1 codec is 50% more efficient than its counterpart, H.264, and 30% more than H.265. The Xe media engine provides encoding up to 8K 10-bit HDR, whereas decoding of video up to 8K 60 in 12-bit HDR. Also, the Intel Arc graphics encoding is 4.4x after software-based encoding, helping you create, consume, stream, and share at a high quality and high level of performance and efficiency.
It helps content creators seamlessly take advantage of CPU and integrate & discrete graphics.
That is what deep link offers,
- It enables power sharing between the CPU and the Intel arc graphics. It allows the machine’s integrated graphics to run at their maximum speed and capacity while offering a seamless switch to discrete graphics in case of workloads as per the need.
- Deep link technology is AI-enabled, which means it uses both integrated and discrete graphics chips to simultaneously run AI interference workloads or assign specific tasks to GPU.
- Hyper Code generates faster encoding streams which many media-related tasks require. Such a performance level you can only experience with Intel Arc graphics because the deep link only works with these graphics. Machines equipped with other GPU manufacturing brands don’t offer deep link features.
Benefits of Intel Arc Graphics for Content Creators
- Better Productivity: One of the ways Intel Arc graphics assist content creators is through faster rendering times which means the images are created at a rapid speed. This feature is particularly essential for creators dealing with graphics-intensive workloads like image and video editing or 3D modeling etc. Faster rendering helps save time and increase productivity.
- Exceptional Video Quality: Intel Arc GPUs offer advanced features like ray tracing. Ray tracing is a lighting technique that renders realistic light effects. It is employed to improve the visual quality of the content and add a sense of realism to content creation. Ray tracing helps create accurate and more realistic lighting and shadows, which improve the overall look and feel of the content and make them seem more immersive.
- Faster Performance: Intel Arc graphics utilize hardware-based encoding and decoding methodology for videos. It helps reduce the overall time for high-quality video production while improving performance. This feature comes in handy for content creators who produce large volumes of video content as it helps them do it quickly and efficiently.
- The Intel Evo Badge: If you are a content creator, you can’t just miss the perks of having an Intel Evo-enabled laptop coupled with Intel arc graphics. The Intel Evo badge ensures high-level processing with the latest Gen Intel Core processors, nine hours of real-world battery life, and seamless multitasking on various apps like Microsoft Office, Zoom, etc. On the other hand, Intel Arc graphics, with its AI-enhanced upscaling technology, XeSS, and real-time ray tracing capabilities, makes the in-game visuals appear to the T. For casual gamers and high-quality content creators, the Intel Evo paired with an Intel graphics card is actually a gift in some form factor. From work to content creation and games, it does it all.
- Intel Arc Control: A software that gives you control over the Intel arc GPU. The Arc control interface offers users various features like integrated driver updates, built-in streaming, performance tuning, etc. You can easily access these features for your content creation without any login.
Intel Arc graphics are designed to cater to a variety of applications, including content creation. With a range of features and capabilities, these graphics help content creators produce high-quality content.
In short, Intel Arc graphics helps content creators produce high-quality content by offering them after rendering time, hardware-enabled encoding and decoding, and other advanced features.