In case you haven’t heard about it, Amazon has an affiliate program which allows people to make money online. The process works this way: You sign up for the program, advertise Amazon’s products in different mediums online, and earn once a customer buys from Amazon. This program is a simple way to earn but will require your efforts at the start. You need to think of ways to entice customers to choose the product you’re marketing. And once you have that sorted out – whether you’ve decided to write different blogs or post tutorial videos – everything can come off easier. This is what most people think about Amazon Affiliate Program. However, some people will tell you otherwise. And definitely working with an Amazon affiliate is one of the best ways to make money online.
If you’re thinking of using Amazon Affiliate Program, you should be aware of its pros and cons. This information will help you determine what to expect in the long run. To make things easier for you, listed below are some of the pros of Amazon Affiliate Program:
- Amazon is a well-known and visited brand. When you market any product coming from them, it won’t be difficult to convince potential customers how durable or credible it is. Most people trust Amazon, and once you affiliate yourself with a brand like this, it’ll also make you trustworthy in the eyes of many.
- You don’t have to pay for anything for the program. You just sign-up online and you’re good to go. This program will not require any amount from you, it’s free!
- Anyone can become an affiliate marketer. There are no metrics or traffic threshold which you should meet before you can join. This is the reason why this program is suitable for almost anyone who has the time and the interest to earn online.
- Because of the wide selection of products on Amazon, you’ll always have a product to promote regardless of what your interests are. If you’re more of a techy person, you can promote gadgets and other devices from Amazon. If you’re inclined to fashion, you can promote clothes.
- You don’t have to worry about being stuck in this program because Amazon will provide tools which can help you out. With these tools, you’ll be able to sell specific items or a category of items easier. You don’t need to study the program for weeks and months before you can start earning.
- You’ll know which products are getting the most and least number of clicks – all thanks to Amazon’s reporting system. This can help you determine which of your strategies should be improved, retained or trashed.
- Once your link resulted in a purchase, you can get your payment with ease. The money will be deposited in your bank account directly.
- Amazon is also well-known for its good customer service. This is something which you can also make use of once you sign up for their affiliate program. When customers have issues with the product they bought from you, they won’t immediately get mad because representatives from Amazon can pacify the situation.
- You can still earn a commission even if customers didn’t buy the product you promoted. As long as your link led them to buy a product from Amazon, you can still make money.
But just like anything else in this world, nothing is ever all good – and Amazon Affiliate Program is no exemption. Here are setbacks you can experience from the program:
- The entire concept of earning commission might seem appealing. But with Amazon Affiliate Program, the rate is low compared to other affiliate programs out there. If you’re able to sell at least six products in a month, your rate is at 4%. You can earn up to 8.5%, but you’ll have to sell more than 3,131 products first. This can be achievable but will require rigorous marketing attempts.
- If your referral buys a product two days after clicking your link, you won’t have any credit. The cookies in this program will only last for 24 hours. This is the reason why customers should buy products within the next 24 hours after clicking the link. However, the cookie can last for 90 days if customers added the products to their cart.
- One of the most disappointing rules this program has is its prohibition to send Amazon affiliate links and blog posts as an e-mail. This means you can’t send anything through e-mail to promote products, crossing e-mail marketing off your available marketing channels. This is unfortunate since affiliates (like you) can do a lot through e-mail.
- You won’t get credit for a customer who purchased a product from an Amazon location different from what you’re promoting. If you’re promoting products from an Amazon US store and the customer ends up buying a product from Amazon UK, you won’t get anything. That’s no credit and no commission for you.
- You can only get your commission through an Amazon gift card, check or direct deposit. You can’t use your PayPal account for this purpose.
- You can only withdraw your commission once it reaches $100. This is the minimum payout amount for the program.
Decisions Require Time
Coming up with rash decisions will never bring any good to anyone. A decision which was not carefully thought of can end in regret and consequences. Instead of wanting to have better in life, you can experience worst if you’re not careful with your decisions. If you think Amazon Affiliate Program is appropriate to your schedule and interest, don’t sign up immediately. Look at the program from different angles. Weigh its pros and cons, assess if you can handle any setbacks and come up with solutions if possible. If you think this program isn’t the best for you, check Entrepreneur Journal Review for other online businesses you can use to earn.