One of the well-known email services that offers its consumers top-notch safety and security features is SBCGlobal email. SBCGlobal satisfies all of the email customers’ needs, from sending large-size documents and photographs to attaching documents and using up a lot of storage space. Although SBCGlobal email offers many advantages, many customers still encounter numerous technical difficulties when using their accounts. One of the most frequent problems is that SBCGlobal email not working on Android. If you are dealing with this problem as well, this article is crucial for you. The reasons and remedies you may employ to end the problem are covered in this article.
Possible Causes for SBCGlobal email not working on Android
Let’s take a quick look at the list of potential causes for SBCGlobal email not working on Android.
- Internet connection issues.
- Old-fashioned web browser.
- incorrect browser configurations.
- Your Android device’s incorrect date and time settings may potentially be the cause of your email not functioning.
- The login information for your SBCGlobal email account is incorrect.
- Problems with the SBCGlobal email server.
Faulty plug-ins, extensions, or browser add-ons.
Strategies to Fix SBCGlobal Email Not Functioning on Android
Let’s look at some quick, easy-to-follow strategies to fix SBCGlobal email not functioning on an Android smartphone;
Solution 1: Check the Login Information
Checking the login credentials twice is the first step we advise doing if the SBCGlobal email is not functioning on Android devices. Even a minor typing error might cause an email to stop operating.
Therefore, it is strongly advised that you check your login information twice before submitting it. Additionally, try to avoid typing quickly while entering login information.
Alternative 2: Verify SBCGlobal’s email server.
SBCGlobal email may not function on Android smartphones if there is a server issue with the company’s email services. You may use online server-checking websites like a down detector to determine whether a server issue is present.
There is no need to fear if the server monitoring online tools reveal that the server is offline. You must wait a few hours until the problem is resolved automatically. On the other hand, if the server is up and running, it means that the problem is with something else, and you need to use other methods to fix it.
Solution 3. Check the SBCGlobal Email Server Configurations
The wrong email server settings might also be the blame for SBCGlobal email not functioning on an Android smartphone. The improper server settings might prevent you from sending or receiving new emails and potentially cause the SBCGlobal email not working problem.
SMTP Server Configuration >
- SBCGlobal.net email address as the user name
- Password (SMTP): The password you chose to access your SBCGlobal email account
- SMTP hostname: smtp.mail.att.net
- Number of the SMTP server port: 465 TLS or SSL is required: Yes
- Condition for authentication: Yes
Settings for SBCGlobal’s POP servers >
- The incoming email address for the POP server is pop.att.yahoo.com.
- 995 is the incoming server port number.
- The address of the outgoing POP email server is smtp.att.yahoo.com.
- 465 is the outgoing server port number.
- SSL needed: Yes
Settings for the SBCGlobal Email IMAP Server >
- imap.mail.att.net is the address for IMAP inbound email.
- The incoming port for IMAP is 993.
- The IMAP server’s outgoing email address is smtp.mail.att.net.
- IMAP Outgoing Port Numbers: 465 or 587
Option 4. Check the Internet Connection
The main cause of SBCGlobal email not functioning on the Android issue may be a bad internet connection, which can finally result in a number of technical issues. As a result, anytime you experience email problems, make sure your internet connection is strong enough to load email services.
Solution 5. Removing and adding SBCGlobal
Removing and adding the SBCGlobal email account on your Android smartphone is the final but not least option you may try to fix SBCGlobal email not functioning on Android.
Accessing your email account might experience a technical issue if you added an email account using the wrong procedures. As a result, you can delete and add the SBCGlobal email account again to your Android phone or tablet. The following are the proper procedures to set up SBCGlobal email on an Android device:
- On your Android smartphone, open the settings app, then select the “Accounts” > Add Accounts” option.
- The next step is to choose between IMAP and POP3.
- After that, choose “Manual Setup” and enter your email account’s login information.
The preceding technique should assist you in resolving the SBCGlobal email not working on Android devices. You can get assistance from the SBCGlobal email customer service team if you have any questions about this topic or if something goes wrong. Our professionals are on call around-the-clock to quickly identify the root cause of the problem and fix it.