If you are on a mission to find how to import PST contacts to Android, then you have come to the right place. Here, in this article, we will disclose some best tips and tricks that will help you in all possible circumstances. A PST is an Outlook data file that stores the data on the client’s computer and it can be accessed by a very limited number of applications. Android, on the other hand, is an open-source mobile operating system that uses the contacts in a vCard format. vCard/VCF files are the standard business card files that are used worldwide to exchange/share contact lists.
MS Outlook is the producer of a PST file but it does not export a vCard file directly. This is where most of the users face problems. Since Outlook and Android do not have a common file format to work upon, it becomes a little confusing on how to import PST contacts to Android.
In the upcoming sections of this article, you will learn how to migrate the data including the corrupted one. We shall provide you multiple ways and then you can choose the best one for yourself.
How to Import PST Contacts to Android?
Situations have been observed where the users complain about the corruption of their PST files. If due to any reason, the contact PST file is damaged, the chances of you losing your data increase manifolds. Neither does Outlook accept a damaged PST file in every situation. Therefore, the best solution is to export Outlook contacts to vCard and then import them to Android. Use PCVITA Outlook to vCard converter software to get the best results. This tool provides multiple benefits as listed below:
- Import multiple PST contacts to Android in a single attempt.
- Convert corrupt, orphaned, password protected PST contact files.
- Can match the contacts-custom fields automatically.
- Maintains the folder hierarchy & preserves data integrity.
- Supports PST file from all MS Outlook versions: 2019, 2016, 2013, etc.
- Exports all attributes and fields of the contact files.
Steps to Import PST Contacts to Android
- Download and install PCVITA Outlook to vCard converter software. Click on Add file(s) or folder to load them in the software.
- The tool will quickly scan these files and add them to the interface.
- After this, you can preview the details of these contacts including name, phone no., email ID, etc.
- Select the vCard option, apply advanced settings, and Export the files.
Import them to Android
- Click on the Contacts icon on your phone.
- Tap on the three dots or menu.
- Click on ‘Import/Export’ option.
- Choose ‘Import from .vcf file’ & pick vCard file.
- The process will begin and then you can view them.
This is how you can import PST contacts to an Android smartphone. This method will work perfectly even with your damaged contacts. You can perform this job manually as well, let’s see how.
Manually Import PST Contacts to Android
The manual method is divided into three parts, requires the interference of a few applications, and is comparatively much lengthier.
Phase 1 – Export Outlook Contacts
- Launch MS Outlook and click on File.
- Select ‘Open & Export’ > Import/Export.
- Click on ‘Export to a File’ > Next.
- Choose the CSV option and save the file.
Phase 2 – Import these Contacts to Gmail
- Log in to your Gmail account & click on Mail.
- Select ‘Contacts’ > ‘More’ > ‘Import’.
- Tap on ‘Choose File’ > ‘ Outlook Address Book file (contact)’.
- Choose the ‘Import’ button to add them.
Phase 3 – Sync them with Android
- Click on Apps & open Settings.
- Below the Account option > click on ‘Google’.
- Choose the Google account to sync contacts from.
- Finally, select the contacts to sync.
In this blog, we explained to you multiple methods to import PST contacts to Android in the easiest ways. The automatic solution deals with all kinds of PST files including the corrupted ones without needing the installation of Outlook. The manual method, on the other hand, is a little longer to execute and requires the interference of more platforms. Users can rely on the software that we recommend here and achieve perfect results.