As we are progressing in the digital world, have you noticed that somehow almost all of us have started recording and clicking more and more pictures? Earlier people had cameras especially built for that but nowadays we have cameras almost everywhere. Be it phone cameras, webcams, and whatnot, we are recording a lot. And slowly but steadily it all led to us recording our screens. The applications of screen recording are just too many. We can record special moves or techniques while playing games and can upload it on social media or Youtube, one can screen record presentations and can use them later for extracting data much more easily, teachers can use it, students can use it, businesses use it and even individuals can use it for leisure. One can record screens in images or videos according to his or her needs. So in this article, I am going to share with you some tips on how you can easily record screens and take screenshots in Windows 10. Have a look:
Taking Screenshots in Windows 10
Taking screenshots in Windows 10 is quite easy and there are multiple ways to do it.
- You can press the Windows key + PrtSc SysRq button on your keyboard.
- You can use the screenshot or screen snip feature in the notification panel.
- You can use the Snipping Tool which is actually designed to take custom screenshots.
All these three methods are quite simple and direct. You don’t need to turn on anything or change any setting. One can readily use them. Now let’s take a look at how one can record a moving screen with sounds. Basically be able to make a video of your screen. Let’s see how you can do that.
Recording Screen in Windows 10
Windows 10 has been released with so many features that it sometimes feels like a really fulfilling experience. Even though I was not sure about the quality and features, after trying it, I believe that everyone should try it at least once. The recording tool embedded within the operating system is called Xbox Game Bar. It can record just about anything from gameplay, tutorials, presentations to even sounds that are coming out of the computer to sounds recorded through microphones. Though it has its own limitations too and cannot record some windows like File Manager, Taskbar, etc. But still, I would say that it’s a pretty capable tool.
Follow these simple steps and you will be able to do it too.
- If you want to record an app and want to show how it works. Launch your App and then press the Windows button + G on your keyboard to launch the Xbox Game Bar.
- You can also click on the start button in the bottom left corner of the screen and then type the game bar. You will see the option of Xbox Game Bar, click on it and it will launch.
- Here you will see different small windows with different options on them. Click on the Start Recording button or press Win + Alt + R on your keyboard to start capturing your screen.
- Once the screen recording starts you can click anywhere on the screen and the game bar will disappear but it doesn’t mean that the recording will stop too. The recording will go on, now is the time when you will start working on your app.
- On the right side of your screen, you should be able to see a small bar with a Stop Recording button on it. Click on it and the screen recording will stop.
- If you want the game bar to come back again on the screen anytime, just press the Windows button + G on your keyboard.
- And that’s how you can easily record videos from Xbox Game Bar. If you want to check the recordings out then simply launch the Game Bar again and there you will see an option by the name of “Show all captures” on the top left panel.
- Click on it and a new window will appear, you can play the video there or can even project it on a screen nearby.
- Click on the “Open File Location” option given below the middle window and you will have the folder where all the recordings are. You can use them, move them, delete them, and can even edit them.
The video will be recorded with sounds so if you have any video playing on any other app then it will get recorded too. You can cancel the audio recording if you want. There are some great options and information available in the Game Bar app. Do have a look and explore it at your pace. I am sure that you will like it. By the way, I also talked about some shortcomings of this app in recording the screen and also the types of screenshots that you can take. If your work demands you to record other things as well that normally you cannot in Xbox Game Bar then I would suggest you try a third-party app to record the screen.
Tweakshot Screen Capture
One of the best ways to record your screen and capture screenshots in multiple ways possible. The app gives numerous options to its users to use the features in the desired way. The user interface has also been designed in such a way that users can find their way intuitively and easily. You can screenshot in multiple modes like full screen, Window capture, custom screenshot, capture video with or without audio. The best thing is, this application comes with its own image editor so if you want to make some basic changes like filters, effects, annotations, texts, etc you can do it quite easily. You can also pick a color from any part of the screen to apply it to the image that you are editing, pretty cool, eh?
So these were the ways to record screen in Windows 10 that I wanted to share with you. Recording and capturing screens can be done with many other third-party apps as well but the quality is not that promising. Tweakshot Screen Capture can capture images and videos in High Definition.
Hope it helps.
Thanks for reading!