TCS interview generally takes about 45 minutes to 1 hour and that can include one or two or more interviewers. One of the interviewers that will focus on your leadership skills, some management skills, and experience by answering situational questions. Another one will depend on candidate technical skills. They should arrange a similarly preferred time for a candidate interview. When the telephone meeting goes perfectly, you’ll be asked to call us with a personal interview. so today we will discuss about mostly asked TCS interview questions and answers in their hiring process.
TCS Technical Interview Questions and Answers
TCS Interview Questions and Answers
- What do you Understand by term “SDLC”?
SDLC stands for Software development life Cycle SDLC is a term that is used in Software Engineering which helps to describe software development processes. SDLC is a method of measuring and enhancing the development process of Software. SDLC Allows a fine-grain study of every stage of the process. SDLC helps to increase business productivity at every stage.
- What is an Inheritance?
Inheritance defines as the data member that inherits a parent class property to the child Class. In Simple Words, Inheritance is a method under which a single object obtains all the property and behavior of its parent class object. Any class is Derive from another class that might be referred to as a sub-class of Parent Class or a child class of parent Class, as well as the class by which that a child class is extended from a super-class or any parent class.
- Define the term Polymorphism?
Polymorphism words are derived from the Two Greek words: “Poly” and “Morphs”. “poly” Word means Many and the “morphs” Word that means forms. So, Polymorphism Term that means Many Forms. In other words, Polymorphism means that various actions may be taken out in Different situations.
- What is Method Overloading?
Method Overloading is a function which enable a class that have to provide more than of one function of that same name, when their statement lists were unique. It’s really similar with the constructor overloading. which enables a class that having one or more constructors with their distinct argument lists.
- What is Method Overriding?
Override is implemented in such a manner that its child class will provide its own implementations of a method that are also providing by their parent class then that parent class methods is Known as the overridden method and method that is available in Child class is known as the Overriding Method.
- What are Loops and Why we used loops?
Loops have been used to execute each statement that runs multiple times in one program, which depends upon its conditional statement. Every conditional statement must be verified for every positive execution of that same loop. Loop is running again and again Unless the statement is not false, and when the statement is false then that loop would be executed.
- Define the term Abstraction?
Abstraction is a mechanism that hides the information of the application and displays just only the features to their user. Abstraction allows you to focus on what the entity does instead of how it does.
- Define Encapsulation?
Encapsulation is also a method that means to Wrap up code or data all together under a single unit, e.g. a capsule that is filled with a variety of medicines.
- What is DBMS?
DBMS is a Stand for database management System and DBMS is a software system that is used to store and maintain the databases. DBMS allows all the end-user to create and Store data. DBMS also provides an interface between their end-user and their database.
- How many Phase in SDLC model?
There are 7 Phases of SDLC
- Requirement Gathering & Analysis
- Feasibility Study
- Software Design
- Software Coding
- Software Testing
- Software Installation and Deployment
- What are the advantages of a DBMS?
There are a lot of Advantages of the Database Management System:
- It Enhanced the Data Security
- It Improves the Integration of Data
- It Reduces the Inconsistency of data
- Increase the Accessing the data Capacity
- It Also Enhanced the Decision Making
- It Improved User Productivity
- What is Normalization in Database?
Normalization is a method that helps to arranging or Storing data in their database. There are Two objectives of this Normalization are: To removing duplicate data that means it can’t store the same data in the table more than one and It also ensuring that data dependency makes perfect sense which means It only stored only relevant data in a data table.
- Is Any Difference between C and C++ language?
- C++ has classes, while C does not have any classes.
- C++ will not be supporting the Function overloading concept. In C Language, either input or output For this we used functions Such as gets(), put(), Scanf(), and so on.
- C++ language has Supported Exception Handling C language does not support exceptions Handling.
- What do you understand the terms Bitmap?
B-Tree has made up of the branch node as well as the leaf node. Branch nodes which hold only the prefix value of the keys and together with the relation with that of the leaf node, as well as the leaf nodes only carrying the index Value or Postfix Value.
- Define B-tree Index?
Bitmap has consisted only of bits for each distinct value. It uses a sequence of bits to easily located rows in the table. This is used to map small cardinal rows in the data Table.
- Define Virtual Functions and
Virtual function is derived in the base class and it is re-derived in their Derived Class and that has considered Virtual to obtain Polymorphism. Through a virtual state, they create a base class reference Variable to execute that intent of every derived class depending also on the value of its pointer.
- What is pure Virtual Functions?
Pure Virtual function is a function that is used in their base class, and also its meaning deserves to be given in the derived class. For some pure virtual function, not any description has been defined in that of the base class has been derived as:
virtual void print()= 0;
- What is Virtual Destructor?
Delete a derived class entity that used an existing class reference which has a non-virtual destructor that performed in an undefined action. The class object should be specified with their virtual destructor.
- What is Abstract Class?
Abstract class consisted minimum one Pure Abstract object inside it.Abstract classes can be used to providing an interface to their sub classes.
- Which are the most popular programming languages for TCS campus interview(Java, PHP, C, C++, Python, HTML, C #, JS)?
These are some Very Popular programming languages For TCS campus interview C, C++, Python, and Java programming.
- What was the main difference between these two programming C and Java?
The main difference between these two is Java programming language is an object-oriented based programming language, while C is a Procedural oriented programming language.
- Name some various of the storage classes that are used in C?
Some useful storage classes that are used in C Programming languages are 1) Static 2) auto, 3) Register, and 4) external.
- What do you understand by static Variable?
It’s the Control Specifier. That quality of different varieties doesn’t shift during compile time.
- What do you understand by function overloading?
It is indeed a C language function that also allows you to build and over one method with that similar concept. That function can be described by using its criteria.
- Describe the integrity criteria that are used in the DBMS?
- Requirements for system reliability.
- Integrity Organization Rules.
Relation integrity law specifies that now the server doesn’t hold an underage record of global core attributes. Throughout this case was primary correct response will not be changed because you have was using this quality as just a foreign key and in Parent to the child table. Some integrity bylaws, this same primary hash length could not be managed to keep null.
- Define the classes and objects used in a different programming language?
Class is also a part of object-oriented programming language that helps you to build any site that includes some data members and their function. Users can obtain it by developing an instant class of different objects.
An object becomes an object in the actual world. And this object is derived from the class and this Instance of the item that is defined in the class.
- What is the difference between structure and Array?
The key difference here between structure or the array is:
- The collection is the arrangement of the records. It represents some related types of information.
- The design of the app determines the required type. It consists of a group of different types of data.
- List a few areas under which the data type is commonly studied?
The fields under which the data form is being used would be as follows:
- Variable analysis
- Framework for data innovation
- Operations and maintenance of the system
- Set in statistical and dynamical analysis
- List of some deadlock preventive measures?
Deadlock prevention strategies are as follows:
- Mutual exclusion condition
- The holding of Resources condition
- No preemption condition
- Circular wait condition
- What is known about the selection sorting algorithm?
The selection sort algorithm is a sorting algorithm in which a list of final variable or variety is built with one thing at a time. Throughout the bubble type, you merge the neighboring items if the ordering is not perfect.
- What do you understand by the word Data abstraction? Also, Explain all the levels of Data Abstraction?
Data abstraction is a method of identifying the features of an entity or some circumstance as well as of sorting out detrimental effects.
These are three levels of data extraction are as follows:
- Physical level: This Level describes how information is that is to store in any of the data-based
- Logical level: This Level describes the processing of data stored in the database
- View Level: This Level has to work on just this level, so if any improvements are made, they would be preserved.
- Which are the various forms of inheritance allowed for C++?
There are many five forms of inheritance throughout the design for C++. These are:
1) single inheritance,
2) multiple inheritances,
3) multi-level inheritance,
4) hybrid inheritance
5) hierarchical inheritance.
- Difference between Null Pointer and void pointer?
The null pointer is a line that leads to none. This has to show the value of zero. And the Void pointer is a standardized pointer established by the American National Standard Institute (ANSI).
- How is a database normalized?
The software should be structured so that you really can coordinate the information effectively. You can also equalize the database to delete unnecessary records.
- Describe the conditional statement?
Conditional comments are mostly recognized as just a specified item or whether-then sentences. Conditional assumptions are guidelines. Such rules should only be implemented if another value is satisfied.
- What’s the array?
The homogenous collection is a data structure that includes identical components. The required criterion for using a range would be that all arrays will get the same amount of information.
- Explain the utilization of memory in C++?
There are three purposes for the allocation of recent memories in C. Those who ‘re as continues to follow:
Calloc(): (this performance improvement memory to null and equalizes the block of memory with null. Gets back the reference to just the main memory.
Malloc(): This method stores a storage field, and produces a null type pointer.
Free(): This feature removes the shared memory to it.
- What do you understand by Data Warehouse? Why do we need to use Data Warehouse?
Data Storage is a data Warehouse platform that gathers information from both internal and external sources. Everything just supports the have process of an institution.
We must use a data center to maintain the accuracy of the data gathered. This also lets market executives build data-driven approaches.
- Can you mention some of the Designing fields where the data structure is extensively used?
Compiler Design, System Design, Operating System (O.S.), Database Management System (D.B.M.S.), Statistical analysis & utility package, Numerical Analysis, Graphics Design, Artificial Intelligence(A.I.), Simulation, etc.
- What do you understand by cache Memory?
Cache Memory will be used by any of the System or computer’s C.P.U. to minimize the total main memory access time. The cache memory has a very smaller and faster memory.
It saves backups of the information of system data for the most commonly used primary memory sites. So long although most information in the database is located in database sites, the main memory usage The frequency of memory attempts to access would be similar to the frequency of that same cache Memory as compared to the same as primary memory in the system.
- What is the Memory Alignment term indicates?
A Memory alignment in the data structure is just the method that helps to arrange the system data in a proper manner and with the help of this, you can easily access data in your system memory of the machine. This Memory Alignment consists of two different but system related problems: the synchronization of data and the padding of the data structures.
- What is the difference between the “new” Operator & “operator new”?
The “operator new” only assigns raw system memory, that’s all and The “new ” operator started and used their assign memory, and thereafter It called as a type of new constructor only for right format of item or object, and the effect is an actual entity that is created within this main memory. If this object includes some other objects then constructors are called as same.
- What do understand by conversion Constructor?
A conversion constructor is also known as the single parameterized constructor which is defined without any ‘explicit’ method specifications. The developer uses this conversion constructors to transfer entities from the very first variable parameter type to that same type converter class type. C++ allows these conversion constructors to describe for the direct conversions. Initialized this constructor that can accept this single parameter constructor and create an entity that can be converted into the same type of parameterized constructor.
- What is the Spanning Tree in Data Structure?
A spanning tree would be a network-related tree. It indicates When all of their nodes that can appear mostly on the tree. Its spanning tree is organized such that even the minimum ‘s strategic between some of their nodes that can be decreased.
- What do you understand by the Data warehouse and where we used this?
Data Warehouse is the appropriate method of storing and accessing the data and information. The greatest part of this data warehouse is that the data is under their control of their users, such that if the device is erased with time, the data can be preserved efficiently and safely for such an extended amount of time. The data warehouse is planned and that generated to support some of the decision-making processes of the organization.
- What do you understand the term “Interrupt”?
An interrupt signal would be an asynchronous signal which tells the system that an unhandled event that has occurred in the system. When any program detects any interrupt signal that has specified action is to be taken.
- What do you understand by Keyword “User Defined Exception in Java”?
The keywords User Define Exception in Java that is dependent on the three parameters i.e. try, catch as well as finally being used for the implementation of the been user-defined exceptions. This User Define Exception in Java are a type that acquires all methods from their Throwable class.
- What do you understand by Java Applet?
Java Applet is Java application that can be included in their HTML pages and this Java applets can run on java that can allow web browsers like Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome and internet browsers. Java Applet is configured to operate remotely on any of the computer browsers, and there are certain limitations. Java Applet is unable to control machine services on a nearby computer. Java Applets can be used to design your favorite website and make your website more interactive and engaging.
- What is Garbage Collector in Java?
The garbage collector is systematic reuse of the shared data resources which has been used by the system program and it uses memory when the program has no longer requires resources. It frees up space for use of other applications.
This also means that the system using the same amounts of shared resources exceeds its limit. Java is using this garbage collector with the help of .NET Framework and this Garbage Collector is mostly interpreted or used on their virtual machine such as the JVM. In any case, the system that operates the code that is only responsible for their processing of garbage collector.
- What do you understand by the term Encryption and Decryption?
- Encryption:- Encryption is the transfer of data from its readable form into their data unreadable form.
- Decryption:- Decryption was just opposite to the encryption; it’s the turning of encrypted files back into another comprehensible type.
- What is the digital Signature?
A written signature is attached to a paper letter to prove that only the letter came in its claim to the sender, and the digital signature serves the same function for an online mail or messages. A digital signature that is also encrypted form of a data list that is added along with a file of message.
- What do you understand by the term “Cryptography”?
Cryptography is the process that enables encrypted communications between both the sender side and the receiver’s side. These are done by the sender decrypted any message and the receiver can receive that decrypt a message and can be Encrypted by their Public and Private Key cryptography Techniques.
So here are some important TCS interview questions and answers asked in their hiring process. Stay tuned with us for more information regarding tcs hiring process.