Although WebP is a growing popular format, there is still a need to convert WebP images to JPG for various reasons. If you have been looking for the best WebP to JPG converter, this post might help you a lot. Read on to find out more.
What is a WebP Image Format?
Google came up with WebP file format to provide superior image quality like that of PNG, GIF, or JPG but with a small size. As such, WebP has emerged as one of many developers’ favorite formats. There are many advantages of using WebP. Still, it would help if you converted them to other formats sometimes.
When do We need to Convert WebP to JPG?
Webp files are good for bloggers or website admins because they can display multiple images in a smaller size but with high quality. Moreover, your website will load fast if you are using webp. However, webp files are only sometimes convenient. Sometimes, we need to view images on a mobile phone or iPad, but our devices’ built-in app only supports such image formats. In addition, many social media platforms still prefer using traditional image files, such as JPG or PNG. If we want to post an image to our social media network, we must convert webp into jpg or png. Anyway, there are many occasions when we need a webp converter to make webp files in another format.
Best Webp to JPG Converters: Out Top 4 Picks
AnyWebP is a free webp converter for the Web, Windows, and Mac. It supports converting webp to jpg and jpg to webp. You will like this free tool if you don’t want to waste money converting images. It is a mini-application only designed for webp file conversion. The use process is simple enough. Just upload your webp files to AnyWebp, then wait for the output.
It has a user-friendly interface that makes it easy to use, even if you’re unfamiliar with image editing programs like Photoshop or GIMP. The software supports batch conversion of multiple images at once, making it ideal for people who regularly upload photos on social media sites like Facebook or Instagram and have many pictures stored on their hard drives.
The Using Steps of AnyWebp:
- Step 1: Go to Anywebp’s homepage and click the “Upload” button to prepare your webp files.
- Step 2: Select the output image format, such as JPG or Png. You can also adjust the size and quality if you want.
- Step 3: Click the “Start” button to start conversion. If you want to deal with multiple webp files at once, add all files to the platform.
- Step 4: Once done, click the “Download” button to save the result.
Convert Webp to JPG on MAC Using Terminal
On macOS, you can use the Terminal to convert webp to jpg. The terminal is a free and open-source tool for Mac & Linux that lets you create, edit, and convert images from the command line. It is a very powerful tool but can be difficult for beginners to understand. The good news is that it can be a webp to jpg converter on a Mac computer.
The Using Steps of Terminal:
- Open Finder and click on Applications in the sidebar.
- Then click on Utilities, followed by Terminal. You’ll see a new window with a big white screen and some text in black. That’s Terminal!
- Navigate to your folder containing the image file(s) you want to convert.
- Then, enter the following command: convert filename.jpg -resize 800×600 %05d.png
- Replace “filename” with the name of your image and replace “800×600” with the dimensions you want to resize it to.
- The %05d.png at the end tells Terminal to output a file name with five digits followed by a period (.)
Convert Webp to JPG on Windows
If you’re working on your computer and planning to use an image in a project that doesn’t allow internet access, feel free to download an offline webp to jpg converter on your computer. There are lots of options for your choice. But if you need an idea, we recommend AnyWeb’s Windows version.
To convert WebP to JPG on Windows:
- Open the Anywebp program, and click the “Add” button in the main window.
- Select one or several webp files you want to convert into jpg files simultaneously.
- Import your files into the program and choose JPG format from the dropdown list.
- Hit the “Start converting” button at the bottom of the application.
- Once the conversion is completed, you can find all webp images converted into JPG images on your device.
A Comprehensive Image Converter Can Help You Out
Convertio is a free online document and file converter that allows you to convert webp to jpg, among other things. It’s available as an app for Android and iOS devices and through its Web interface. With this tool, you can batch-convert your images and save them in multiple formats for use in different places on the web.
- Go to the convertio website and choose open file, then select a webp file you want to convert.
- Choose output format (jpg). You can also choose other popular image formats like png, gif, tiff, etc.
- Press the “Convert!” button on the bottom left corner of your screen and wait for a few seconds until your job is finished (or click on the “Conversion settings” link on the top right corner of your screen).
How to Choose a Webp to Jpg Converter Right for You?
No wonder every software in the list above caters to your needs in the best possible way. Still, they have their positives and negatives.
1. Easy to use: All the ways of converting WebP images to JPG are easy to use. However, the Paint App for Windows and Mac Preview App is easy to use.
2. Output quality: Undoubtedly, Photoshop 23.1 and AnyWebP software are the best ones when it comes to the output quality of the converted images.
3. Conversion speed: The offline version of AnyWebP for Windows and Mac PCs has great conversion speed. That way, you get the images converted in no time. It even works fast with bulk uploads as well.
4. Batch WebP images to jpg convert: When converting bulk WebP images into JPG, AnyWebP comes first. It produces effective results in less time.
WEBP vs JPG: Which Image Format is Better?
If you’re trying to decide whether to convert your images to webp or JPG format, the answer depends largely on your goals. Webp is better suited for images appearing on the web, while JPG is better for print materials and high-resolution photos.
Webp file is better:
Webp is a lossy image format. This means it can reduce file sizes without losing any information from the original image by using methods like blurring and downsampling. This makes it ideal for compressing photos displayed online because they don’t need as much detail as small text in print materials do.
Jpg file is better:
On the other hand, JPG (and its lossless counterpart PNG) are lossless formats that preserve all of an image’s pixels so users can see every last bit of detail when viewing them at full size or zoomed in tight enough that individual pixels are visible, something not possible with webp files unless they’ve been manually converted from their native .png format beforehand!
Is It Possible to Convert JPG to Webp?
Yes, it is possible to convert JPG or PNG to webp. Some webp converters, such as Anywebp or Convertio, support jpg to webp conversion. The process of converting is very simple. These tools only need you to upload jpg or png files into their workspace. Then they will automatically finish all the tasks. They also enable you to customize the outcome. For example, Anywebp allows you to choose output quality and size. Convertio offers more options for output formats. Whenever you want to convert Jpg to Webp, use the tools mentioned here.
Note that if you convert your jpg files into webp format, they will look exactly how they were originally but now with less size!
As we have seen in this article, there are many reasons for converting one type of image file to another, such as webp to jpg. You should use a different format if you need more or less storage space on your computer or phone. The important thing is that you should use the right tool for the job so you don’t waste time and resources on something that doesn’t work well enough.
All the tools above effectively resolve your issue with converting WebP images to JPG. Almost each performs well, and you won’t regret using them. So, choose the one that fits your needs better.