Are you pissed about not being able to monitor your browsing history? Or, don’t want others to use Incognito mode on your Android or iPhone device? Privacy is a major concern nowadays especially when it comes to online activities. Incognito mode lets you browse without leaving traces.
There are instances where people are unaware of how to get out of Incognito mode on Android or iPhone. The concern could be for various purposes. Those purposes can be inclusive of parental Control, tracking website visits, or preventing unauthorized users and don’t let them browse privately on your device.
In this comprehensive guide, we will provide relevant information for the process of disabling incognito mode on both Android and IOS devices. You will get to see other alternative methods to do the same and take control of your device’s privacy settings.
Incognito – A World Where No One Can Trace You
In simple words, Incognito mode is a setting of your web browser which doesn’t store The data about the web pages to visit. Most web browser keeps a record of the website and pages whereas some of them contains an option to temporarily disable the record keeping.
Many people believe that incognito mode fully makes your browsing private, but the truth is something else. However, the browser won’t keep a record of your online activity, but that doesn’t mean the pages you visited don’t exist.
For instance, If you are using Incognito mode and accessing Instagram, Facebook, or whatever, It stores your activity like where and when you access your account and how many pages you visited.
Also, each browser has a different name for incognito mode. To know them look below:
- Google Chrome: Incognito mode.
- Firefox: Private mode.
- Microsoft Edge: Private mode.
- Safari: Private browsing
That is all you need to know about Incognito mode. Now, let’s move further and begin these steps to disable it.
How to Disable Incognito Mode on Android?
Method 1: Using Third-Party Apps
The foremost method to exit incognito mode on your Android devices is the utilization of third-party applications. These apps are designed to block incognito tabs and access private browsing instantly. Such applications are usually created for parental control over their child from browsing unwanted things. Third-party apps come with additional features like content filtering and time restrictions. See how to do it:
- Step 1: Download and install a third-party application of your choice. You can also choose “Incognito Away” and “In Coquito”.
- Step 2: Launch the application and follow the instructions to disable Incognito mode.
You are suggested to make sure that you opt for a reputable app that will perfectly suit your preference and requirements. And don’t forget to read reviews about the same.
Method 2: Using Device Settings
For those, who are stressing over how do I get out of incognito. Here comes the second method to solve your problem. Most of the people there won’t prefer to use third-party applications, so, they can disable the incognito mode through their device settings. See how:
- Step 1: Get your Android devices and open the “settings”.
- Step 2: Now locate “apps” or “applications” (depending on the device model).
- Step 3: Now, choose your browser app to access its settings. It depends on what you are using. It could be Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, or Mozilla Firefox.
- Step 4: Click on “app details” or “advanced”.
- Step 5: From the selected app information page hit on “open by default” or “default settings”.
- Step 6: There, choose clear “defaults”. This is done to reset the default setting for Google Chrome or whatever you are using.
Repeat the step until you get out of the incognito mode. With this, you can revert it to its default behavior.
How to Get Out of Incognito Mode on iPhone?
Method 1: Using Restrictions
If you want to exit incognito mode on iOS devices, this can be accomplished by using restrictions features. This built-in feature limits access to certain sites and content. Here are the steps:
- Step 1: Go to the settings of your device.
- Step 2: Click on “screen time” (available on iOS 13 and above) or “general” (available on iOS 12 and below).
- Step 3: Now locate “restrictions” or “content and privacy restrictions” and click on it.
- Step 4: Create a “passcode” if you haven’t set up any restrictions before.
- Step 5: From the restrictions settings. Click on “web content” or “websites”.
- Step 6: There, click on “limit adult websites” and enable content restrictions.
Even, you can specifically restrict websites to “never allow” or choose “allowed websites only”. This method won’t disable incognito mode but limits access to inappropriate content.
Method 2: Using Restrictions + Deleting Browser History
The next method is combining the restrictions feature with the regular clearing of browser history. With this, you can control and limit access while periodically deleting browsing data. Here are the steps:
- Step 1: Follow the method mentioned above to enable the restrictions feature.
- Step 2: After that, get “back” and close the settings app.
- Step 3: Now, launch “Safari” or any other browser app of your preference.
- Step 4: Go to the “tab” icon and click on “bookmarks”.
- Step 5: Then hit on “history” from the bookmark menu to view the history.
- Step 6: Click on “Clear” or “Clear history and website” to delete history and data.
- Step 7: Lastly, tap on “Clear history and data” to complete the process.
With the timely clearance of history, there will be no traces of browsing activities on your device.
Conclusively, these mentioned methods will help you to block access to incognito mode. But, carry in mind, that there is no still full-proof method available to completely disable the incognito mode. Somehow users can find alternative ways to bypass these restrictions. However, you can practice the methods outlined in this article to control your device’s privacy settings.