Learning management systems or LMS websites were introduced to provide learners with a more accessible and durable solution so they can learn effortlessly at their own pace. Such websites are most useful for corporates and online educational institutions that want to train their employees or educate students more productively.
Besides the easily accessible learning platform, such websites are known for easy management, fast performance, and scalability. And when you have to build such a feature-rich website, WordPress is the most preferred content management platform.
Don’t be amused to know that about 40% of websites present on the internet are powered by WordPress and this itself speaks of the huge popularity of the CMS platform. Furthermore, with over 55,000 WordPress plugins in its directory, you have plenty of features to add to your site.
This huge library of plugins can be best utilized to create a robust LMS website. However, you must have knowledge of which plugins to use and where to use them.
If you are looking for the best WordPress development plugins for your LMS website, this list is for you! Check them out.
Best Known Benefits of LMS Website Development
An LMS website has more pros than cons and can be extremely beneficial for the learners as well as your business. Here, look at some of the best-known advantages and decide if it is a good idea to invest in such a website.
- Accessibility – It is highly accessible as anyone with a smartphone or desktop with an internet connection can easily access the website. When you create a responsive website, learners can quickly access it from their mobile devices themselves from any place of their convenience.
- Easy to maintain – While arranging training sessions can be a daunting task in office premises or in an institution, online platforms make it easier for you. Businesses can easily train multiple individuals, classify courses, accept payments digitally, assess learners’ progress, and provide rankings.
- Reusable – Unlike the conventional modes of learning, an LMS website provides learners with content that they can refer to time and again. They can re-watch the training session, make notes, and learn flexibly.
- Easy to measure ROI – Businesses can measure the return on investment for a training session With an LMS website by their side, which is quite challenging in the conventional method.
Top LMS Website Features You Can Build With WordPress
As mentioned earlier, a learning management system website can be very beneficial for you as well as your users. But, you would be able to make use of those advantages only if you have the right features on your website.
And with the WordPress content management system, building such a feature-rich LMS website would be a piece of cake. In case you wonder, which advanced features you can build with WordPress development, here’s what you need to look at.
- Data tracking
When it comes to LMS website development, the data tracking feature is most useful to curate learning programs. Adding such features to your website would help track learners’ progress, their learning curve, areas of improvement, and much more.
- LMS integrations
If you want to make your LMS website feature-rich, you may have to add numerous WordPress plugins to add more functionality. And WordPress is a platform that makes the integrations simple and you can add various features like adding an event calendar, various gamification tools, SEO plugins, and so on.
- Smart scheduling tools
Scheduling meetings or training sessions as per everyone’s availability has always been a hassle, especially in an organization. But, your LMS website can make it effortless with the integration of smart scheduling tools available with WordPress.
Such a feature would allow you to schedule meetings and training sessions for learners as per their availability and convenience.
- Accurate assessment tools
When you are developing an LMS WordPress website, you also get the option to include an assessment feature so the learning process of one can be evaluated. It is much desirable in a learning environment so one can assess their progress and learn accordingly.
- Personalized learning experience
The primary purpose of LMS web development is to provide users with a personalized learning experience. They can schedule courses they want to take, personalize their profile, take assessment tests, and choose courses based on that.
So, personalizing their learning experience allows them to come out of the conventional learning program and learn with more flexibility.
- Multi-device compatibility
Another popular LMS feature that you can bring to your site with WordPress is the multi-device capability. One should be able to access the website from any digital device. And with WordPress, you can build a responsive and mobile-first website efficiently.
With numerous in-built features in WordPress core, scaling images, using optimized text size, and scalable website elements would be easier.
Besides, you can also go for WordPress plugin development to build customized plugins as per your requirements, add exclusive features, and incorporate them for good.
Top 5 WordPress Plugins for Your LMS Website
There are thousands of plugins available for use in the WordPress directory and choosing the most suitable ones for your LMS website is quite challenging. However, you should first decide on the features you would like to incorporate in your LMS site and choose the most useful yet simple plugins accordingly.
Creating engaging learning courses and selling them online is made easy with this powerful WordPress development plugin. The various features you can incorporate into your website using LearnDash are mentioned below –
- Allow customers with an easy and one-time purchase of an online course.
- In-built dynamic forums.
- Detailed reporting and automated notifications for email.
- Create a hierarchy for courses to provide an improved experience.
- Supports most types of media.
- Easy user profile creation and group management.
- You can also use the premium version to add various course content seamlessly from the front end.
It is one of the most promising premium WordPress development plugins that you can use to create engaging LMS content courses, sell them, and incorporate gamification, etc.
Here, look at some of the features this WordPress plugin provides you with.
- Creating a simple course marketplace is easier with this plugin. You can add ratings for courses, and teacher recommendations, commission settings, etc.
- It is easier to create quizzes and modify them.
- You can add a code box where students can apply coupons and avail themselves of the discount. It can eventually help with lead generation and conversion.
- The plugin can be used to create progress reports, rewards, certificates, etc. in the backend for learners.
It is another free WordPress plugin that can be used by business websites. This plugin provides you with all the fundamental features you need to create an LMS website.
However, you may have to use some add-on plugins to add advanced features to your website. The multiple features you can add with this plugin are mentioned below.
- Option to choose from the numerous secure most payment gateways.
- Compatible with WooCommerce.
- Gamifying courses will be easier with this plugin as you can add quizzes, and other fun elements.
- Managing a single course through multiple tutors or instructors is easy.
This plugin is used by many popular universities for their LMS website so they can create a powerful, content-heavy, and unique design website. Though WP Courseware comes at a premium cost, its high efficiency makes it worth the cost.
Moreover, the on-site demo helps one try and see how this plugin works. Furthermore, look at some of its unique features.
- You get to share your ideas and communicate with other fellow individuals who also have similar interests in building an LMS website.
- You can integrate with any eCommerce plugin of your choice or payment gateway for that matter as it doesn’t restrict you.
- It is easy to create a grade book feature to assess a student’s progress with WP Courseware.
- The multi-instructor feature helps create users, assign roles to different tutors so they can manage courses.
Sensei is an extension tool for those using the WooCommerce plugin. So, if you are using a WooCommerce plugin for your site, choosing this option from the WordPress plugin directory can be most beneficial and easy for you.
Select this plugin and you can utilize the features mentioned below –
- Easy integration with WooCommerce and other plugins.
- The user registration feature is easy as it uses the usual WordPress front.
- Course analytics feature to provide information about student registration, grades, course completion, etc.
While such plugins might help you create an engaging LMS website for your business, you must seek professional web development help for your WordPress website. It will provide you with the right assistance for the job.
You can also build a custom WordPress plugin based on your needs and preference so that your LMS website can be built successfully.
It’s a no-brainer that creating WordPress LMS websites could become a hassle without the right set of plugins. However, the content management system provides you with thousands of plugins to choose from and incorporates multiple of them into your website.
You can also choose to invest in WordPress plugin development and get custom plugins at your service. Moreover, you can look into the popularly used WordPress plugins to build a robust, secure, and search-engine friendly LMS website.