MS Outlook is a widely used email platform that stores all kinds of including contacts. Spreadsheets, on the other hand, are a collection of rows and columns that store essential data. Spreadsheets can prove to be very efficient in organizing data or performing some complex calculations, data analysis, statistical comparison. Therefore, more number of users need to export Outlook contacts to a spreadsheet.
They are commonly used to storing contacts in them containing email addresses, FAX, phone numbers, and other such data. If you need to share the Outlook contact list with another user, you can export it to a CSV format. A CSV file stores data in tabular format which are comma-separated-values, a format compatible with spreadsheets as well.
How to Export Outlook Contacts to Spreadsheet?
Outlook comes in many versions such as 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, etc. Depending on each version, the process of exporting the Outlook contacts to CSV becomes different.
For 2016, 2013
1. Launch Outlook application & click on File.
2. Then, select Open & Export > Import/Export.
3. Select Export to a File & choose Next.
4. Choose the CSV file and hit the Next button.
5. After this, select the folder to export.
6. Save the file in the desired location > Finish.
1. Open MS Outlook, click on File > Option.
2. Then, click on Advanced and select Export.
3. The, choose Export to a File > Next.
4. Select the comma-separated values (Windows) file type.
5. Select the Contacts option and click on Next.
6. Now, browse & save the CSV in the desired location.
7. Click on Finish.
1. Launch MS Outlook & select File.
2. Click on Import/Export option.
3. Choose Export to a File > Next.
4. Select Contacts and click on Next.
5. Browse a location to save the file > Finish.
After you have exported a CSV file from the respective Outlook versions, you need to import it into your spreadsheet application by simply opening this CSV file.
Smart Way to Export Outlook Contacts to Spreadsheet
The above given manual methods can be adopted but there are some limitations associated with them. Mapping the fields takes a lot of time when you try to complete the process manually. Also, Outlook restricts the mapping fields & only a few fields are allowed to be mapped. Another aspect can the crashing or freezing of your Outlook application which can lead to permanent loss or damage of your source file.
The PCVITA software to export outlook contacts to excel is the best solution to this issue. It makes sure that your files are converted safely with no loss of data. It allows users to export multiple files at once. You can migrate corrupted, damaged, password-protected, or even orphaned PST files. Also, it provides the option to scan your file for any corruption before loading them in the software.
The best feature of this software is the freedom to transfer the Outlook PST contacts to innumerable platforms or devices. It supports all versions of Outlook and Windows.
Steps to Export Outlook Contacts to Spreadsheet
1. Download, install, and launch PCVITA Outlook to vCard converter tool.
2. Add a file(s) or folders in the tool. You can also choose to auto-detect the location of the PST file in your system.
3. The software now scans the files for any corruption or damage.
4. Next, the application will load the Outlook PST contact file in the software where you can preview all of its attributes and details. Now, you can select the files to export.
5. Choose CSV file format, provide destination location to save it, and hit the Export button.
This blog explains the entire process to export Outlook contacts to Spreadsheet. This write-up thoroughly elucidates different processes that you can use to migrate the contacts. Depending upon the user’s choice and needs, they can use either the manual method or the software that has been recommended. However, there are some restrictions associated with the manual method, quite a majority of users opt for an automated professional application.