One of the most lucrative ways for bloggers to monetize their websites is through online advertising. Ads offer a passive way to earn a consistent income — with little effort required. However, scaling can be a challenge with the vast number of bloggers wanting a piece of the digital ad spend pie.
Relying on AdSense alone can lock publishers out of premium rates and make revenue maximization impossible. Where AdSense will offer publishers the bare minimum, other platforms will support optimization to help publishers tap into their full revenue potential.
One such platform is Newor Media.
Newor Media is a full-service ad management platform that supports header bidding. Header bidding is the advanced programmatic technique of auctioning ad units to an array of ad networks simultaneously. In addition to more competition, the platform offers various services to give its publishers an edge in the advertising landscape.
Newor Media vs AdSense
So how does Newor Media stack up against AdSense? Is it a noteworthy competitor?
AdSense works by auctioning off publisher ad units to their pool of advertisers. They support programmatic bidding, so the auction is practically instantaneous and in real-time. AdSense then uses an ad rank system to select the winning ad and determine how much you’ll earn from it. Unfortunately, as a result, the highest bid is not always the chosen bid — effectively short-changing publishers.
On the other hand, Newor Media offers the same programmatic bidding but holds a fair auction. As a result of being demand-agnostic, the highest bids are always selected, giving publishers what they’re owed. Additionally, rather than drawing from one pool of advertisers, their header bidding solution will draw from many network pools. The increase in competition effectively drives demand and rates — which puts more money in your pockets!
Although AdSense streamlines publishers’ buying and selling process, it does little in terms of optimizing ad and website performance. Unlike AdSense, Newor Media offers a host of solutions that target crafting high-performing ad units and websites. Here are several of the services publishers have access to:
- Ad layout optimization: Newor Media uses a mix of machine-learning and manual support to optimize publisher ad layout and placements. Publishers benefit from higher interaction and viewability. Additionally, doing so helps maintain a positive user experience.
- Ad-block revenue-recovery: Most web users have adblocking implemented — which can severely hinder your earnings and ad unit value. AdSense allows publishers to apply to AdBlock Plus – for a fee – but then prohibits the use of video and animation ads (which are high-yielding ad types!). Instead, Newor Media offers a free ad block solution that allows publishers to filter what ads are being shown. From this, publishers can still work with high-paying types (video, animation, etc.) while minimizing revenue loss.
- Various ad techniques: In addition to giving you more ad types, Newor Media also supports a variety of ad techniques to take advantage of. For example, publishers can implement ad refresh. Ad refresh increases impressions by serving more ads on a page that registers high session times. It’s an efficient way to boost earnings but can result in a ban if you try to use it under AdSense. Another technique is lazy loading, which helps with website speed. Lazy loading only renders an ad once it’s in a user’s view.
- Consent Management Platform: Publishers are responsible for adhering to all data & privacy laws and protocols. As a result, if you can’t prove credible, advertisers will stop bidding for your units. The consent management platform offers publishers a way to stay compliant with the laws and regulations.
Is Newor Media Worth it?
Newor Media is a header bidding provider that drives competition and offers ad solutions to maximize ad earnings while staying true to user experience — with no service costs required. Since they’re free to use, like AdSense, but do better in terms of scaling, Newor Media is a more profitable alternative.
Another plus, all Newor Media’s publishers get access to Google Ad Exchange through their MCM Channel. Google Ad Exchange runs more premium and effective campaigns but is nearly impossible for the average publisher to join. Additionally, they require no exclusivity. Which allows publishers to continue working with their favorite ad networks (even AdSense).
Newor Media Pros and Cons
There is no shortage of ad management platforms for publishers to choose from — all of which come with their benefits and drawbacks.
- Payment guarantee: They pay publishers what they’re owed despite network clawbacks. They operate on a NET30 payment model, have a low payment threshold, and payout via PayPal, Payoneer, and wire transfer.
- Insightful reporting & analytics dashboard: Their reporting dashboard is user-friendly and provides up-to-date and in-depth reporting.
- Access to Google Ad Exchange: Ad units are auctioned to their 30+ premium partners and Google’s more exclusive ad exchange.
- Customer support: Publishers are given dedicated account reps that help support everything from implementation through strategy and pay.
- Ad limits: To balance user experience, Newor Media only allows a maximum of 6 ads. However, some publishers prefer to use more.
- Payment model: Newor works under a cost-per-impression (CPM) revenue model. Publishers who prefer to be paid per click (CPC) or action (CPA) may not find this lucrative.
Starting with Newor Media
Signing up for Newor Media is an easy process — but before doing so, publishers should verify they meet the criteria.
The requirements are:
- Have at least 30,000 unique users per month
- Websites should be mainly in English
- A majority of traffic should come from the US
- Websites cannot run illegal or borderline content (gambling, drugs, sex, guns, etc.)
The traffic requirements may pose a slight challenge to new bloggers but are ideal for small to medium publishers.
For publishers accepted, onboarding is a simple, streamlined process. Newor Media sends an insertion order agreement which is not a contract but outlines the partnership and terms. Once signed, a dedicated account representative will reach out to discuss your ads. Right away, you’ll
receive recommendations on ad layouts and placements to help optimize your website.
The rep will create the agreed-upon ad units and send them over with instructions for implementation. WordPress plugins make implementation easy, but the reps are on standby for assistance. Following application, the rep will test and assess the ad units as you go live.
Final impression: Newor Media is a reputable full-service ad management solution, aimed to do more for publishers — and help them earn more.
Publishers earn more with Newor Media for a variety of reasons — such as header bidding, ad placement optimization, and better quality ads (just to name a few). If you’re hitting over 30,000 unique impressions per month, Newor Media is a tool that can be leveraged to boost AdSense earnings and enhance website performance.
The company provides a free earnings calculator for publishers to gauge what their website should be earning. As we mentioned earlier, starting and working with the company is easy.