Do you drive? Great, writing a blog post is something similar to driving. One studies for the highway codes (or go through articles about how to write a blog post) for several months, but these studies cannot prepare you for getting behind the wheels and hitting the open road. You will learn to drive only when you will become confident and hit the road.
Anyone can meet problems with finding their writing style. Many bloggers spend months searching for their style. If you face any difficulties with custom writing here you can find some clues. No doubt, you will get thousands of articles about how to write a blog post. But if you are keen to get the book about this profile, then as per my opinion, you should go with “direct advice of The Elements of Style by William Strunk, Jr. and E.B.White”.
In few words, you would, definitely, get additional writing style helpful guidance.
I’m done with my advice thoroughly. Now, it’s time to get down to business. As it is obvious that everyone needs to start blogging to enhance their business, but most people don’t know how to do it. This article, it will be showing you how to write a blog post in simple steps that people will actually want to read. Are you ready? Let’s get started.
- Always give priority to your reader. The aim of writing a blog should be clear and persuasive. It is nothing about expressing your dexterous ideas. Do not try to write a blog to impress the audiences. Actually, it will divert your viewers from the material you have written for them. Writing a good blog is similar to a store window. So, it is mandatory your content is clear and clean which can provide a transparent view of the thoughts encompassing the contents.
- Sort out your thoughts. There is no need for a comprehensive outline for your writing. Still, you should know and be clear about your thoughts that you desire to convey before you convey it. If you feel ease with the arrangement of outline that you have learned in your school time, do not hesitate to use it. If not, then simply pin down the most important points and put them in your desired order. Abolish any ideas which do not relate these points.
- Use concise paragraphs. Try to make paragraphs shorter. If you need an idea, glance at the newspaper and point out the conciseness of the paragraphs. Short paragraphs assist to make it easy to read the content since it becomes easy for our brains to take in and understand the provided details in an efficient way when content is broken into small chunks. If you talk about ordinary writing, there could be many sentences developing one idea in each paragraph. But when we discuss blogging, it encompasses the less formal style and if possible keep paragraphs short as small and single sentences.
- Use concise sentences. Similar to paragraphs, you should also try to use short sentences. It is always easy to read and comprehend the short sentences. There should be one thought in each sentence. Do not create complexity, otherwise, you will invite confusion while making your sentences long to increase the word count.
- Do not use complex words. Your purpose to write a blog is simple. You are doing so to communicate with the audience and not to impress them. Keep in mind that simple words always show better results than bigger ones. So, always try to just convey your message with simple words, do not go behind the usage of complex words to impress them. As an instance, you can write “get” instead of “procure”, can write “use” rather than “utilize.” If you are not getting appropriate simpler word to use then use the complex words otherwise, make your content as simple as possible.
- Be specific. Another good point that can enhance your blog writing style is the usage of specific words or nouns. Avoid writing “Many doctors recommend Brand X.” Instead of this, you can write “97% of doctors recommend Brand X.” Similarly, instead of writing “The Big Widget is offered in many colors”, you can write “The Big Widget comes in red, green, blue, and white.” It looks quite impressive. Say exactly that actually is in your mind. Try to make use of specific nouns.
- Use conversational style. Try to convey your message in a way that reader realizes it as a conversation. Otherwise, he will get irritated and decide to stop reading your content. Often when I pass through construction sites, I see a road sign that always vexes me. It is generally something like, “Maintain present lane.” It is so formal. Instead of this, it could be better to write this message in a conversational style like, “Stay in your lane” or “Do not change lanes.”
- Be clear. I guess it is the mandatory rule that you should keep in mind while writing a blog. Clarity! Clarity! Clarity! If your thoughts are clear you will get traffic. If you dissolved clarity, writing style will fail on almost every level. It’s difficult to achieve the clarity but must achieve it. You can achieve clarity only when you precisely put the meaning of your conversation to the mind of your viewer. When you finished writing your blog, glance at it with an unbiased eye. Examine what could be misunderstood, how it can be corrigible for your reader’s understanding and then rewrite it. If you find something irrelevant, do not think and just delete it. If there is something missing, insert it.
If you follow the above-mentioned rules, there will normally be no chance your writing style fails. In cases your writing fails, it’s probably because your thoughts are not clear, you don’t know what to say, you do not have strategies, you are just worried about influencing a writing style. Follow the given suggestions carefully, avoid such kinds of problems and make your views clear. It is the only way to excel in writing blogs. In addition, your writing will become more meaningful, more profitable, and more lively.