Cloud data management is the recent offshoot of cloud computing technology, which revolutionized the way companies managed resource pools. Data management has become the basic necessity of the organizations, given its crucial role in the formulation and up-gradation of product development and marketing strategies.
While moving to the collaborative ways of completing projects, the organizations needed a resource pool completely redundant, scalable, and easily accessible to one and all entities involved. The same virtues are sought after in data management too. That is why the concept of this has now become a reality.
Factors Leading to the Application of Cloud Data Management in Business Scenarios
Statistics reveal that the companies lose over $20 million annually due to substandard means of data management. The fact that data management is something that organizations have not thought of as maturely as required still remains and needs immediate attention. One ready-made solution for the serious adopters of mature data management methods is cloud computing-based data management.
Apart from the losses, the other factors that indicate the need for the application of cloud data management are:
- Data leakages hampering the reputation of the companies
- Legal issues due to poor data management lowering the morale
- The high-cost requirement of non-cloud data management procedures
How Cloud Data Management Is Carving the Path for Intelligent Data Management
Intelligence means being able to respond to the situation in the suggested time frame in an optimal manner. Cloud data storage and management offers multiple benefits, such as:
- Redundancy of data storage points: The shifting of data storage to the cloud ensures that the whole management structure is entirely redundant. The users of cloud data solutions report less downtime and few irregularities in the data flow, leading to better user experience at the front end.
- Robust backup: As per the current status, the companies show only 30-35% confidence in their backup maintenance structure. The cloud services offering a robust and easily retrievable data management system bring in the desired seamlessness in operations. The users can shift to improved working levels and adopt a more intelligent approach with a robust backup resource in place.
- Offers real-time view: An intelligent working is where the contingents can work immediately using the resources available. Cloud data, with its ability to provide a real-time view, makes it possible to act timely and adequately. The latest information accessible, whenever needed, adds the element of intelligence in working and helps make decisions faster.
- Easily scalable: It allows the users to make data available to the entities seamlessly without reacting to the increase in numbers of users. Whether it is a workforce of 10 or expanded to 100, the speed, ease, and allotment of data management do not differ. Thus, there are no intricate processes involved in data storage, access, and retrieval; only the right to access is assigned according to the roles.
- Promotes a more cohesive and responsive work culture: Every day brings a new challenge and assortment of resources should not eat the whole time away. The companies can perform better and improve delivery quality. It makes the organizations readier for new challenges, which hints at the growing intelligence in the work culture.
- Builds confidence for tackling digital transformation needs: Every company needs to move to the digital transformation path by adopting a mature and time-relevant way of data management. With the growing need for collaboration beyond boundaries and catering to the audiences of different kinds, the easily adaptable solutions drive high demand.
Cloud data management solutions offer the necessary support for addressing digital changes and allows companies to ensure relevance in the changing times.
- No added infrastructure cost: Intelligence does not mean doing things correctly as instructed only. It also involves extracting the best use from the resources and modifying the deliverability as per the changing scale of expectations.
Cloud computing-based data management solutions offer the companies to act in tune with the requirements without bringing humongous changes in the infrastructure framework and related cost.
Companies adopting cloud data management is a good sign. It is the sign of the promise of better delivery and better response to the change in demand and user base size; it is the sign of better intelligence overall.