The HR department is a lifeline of an organization that attracts the best talent for the business and puts them together to achieve the impossible. They also create policies that keep the work-life balance for employees and ensure that they excel in their careers. They have massive responsibilities and indulge in various activities like meeting regulatory compliance, minimizing labor costs, processing payroll, filing, and documentation, promoting best practices for work, etc. With so many activities in hand, it becomes challenging for HR managers to perform with high accuracy and gain complete control over the entire process. Manual processes for HR management can be a dreadful experience when most organizations demand a quick hiring process and higher employee engagement. This is where a centralized HRMS system can aid you in streamlining the human resource activities and filling the gaps encountered during employee management.
Most companies adopt various strategies for employee retention such as competitive compensation, professional development, recognition, and rewards To understand the talent of the employees and empower them accordingly companies use software systems with a performance management module. This module enables HR professionals to set goals, track progress, and evaluate the performance of company employees. BambooHR, Sense HR, and ADP Workforce Now are some of the HR tools available in the market that come with performance management modules. With Sense Software For HR managers can easily identify areas where employees need to improve and provide them with the necessary resources and support to help them succeed. This not only boosts employee engagement and satisfaction but also helps companies achieve their strategic goals.
Why is the traditional approach for human resources not suitable in the modern business world?
Organizations large or small at some level have used or have been using some form of manual methods for managing their human resources. But as most businesses are moving towards digitization, these methods could become an overhead for organizations. There are many challenges in the manual processes that could derail business from the progressive path and prevent practicing a robust HR system.
● Slow hiring rate: From shortlisting the candidates to onboarding, HR managers have to go through various documentation and approval processes. With the manual method, it could take weeks or months to find a suitable candidate, manage the documentation processes, fill the position, and complete the onboarding formalities.
● More documentation: Resumes, offer letters, appointment letters, training manuals, training sessions, salary slips, tax exemption forms, etc., consumes lots of documentation, and when there are massive recruitments, it could become a tedious task for the HR department to manage. Besides that, there is always a risk of losing any important document.
● Manual errors: Managing the HR process manually means higher error rates. A simple mistake in data entry can consume the HR team’s valuable time and extra labor that further can be a loss to the company.
● Unable to track employee performance: Manual HR process relies on feedback forms and peer review to track employee performance. This does not give a clear picture to the HR team of the difficulties that employees are facing while performing tasks. Without knowing the obstacles that prevent employees from performing, they cannot implement robust HR policies or plan training programs. Tracking employee performance on each project and task is key to employee retention.
● High turnover rate: Manual HR system is fragmented and fails to deliver a smooth employee experience. A poor employee experience means high turnover rates, and it also spoils the company’s reputation. The cost of hiring new employees and training could create a loss for the organization further.
● Centralized system: HR software provides a centralized system to manage the entire human resource work. It saves HR managers time in hiring candidates and operating various HR activities. Candidates can directly upload their resumes to the portal and make the hiring process quick. It helps to connect to all the employees from a single dashboard. The software also supports e-signature and allows employees to sign various contracts online. It delivers a smooth employee experience and allows HR managers to reduce the time in completing various formalities and approvals required for hiring.
● Increased employee efficiency: HR software gives detailed insights into employee performance and the challenges they face while conducting tasks. It helps the HR team to create a training program and design employees’ career development plan better.
● Access data from anywhere: Cloud-based HR software provides flexibility to the HR team to access data from anywhere and continue their work from anywhere. It means under any circumstance; the company can resume its HR activities and keep the business running.
● Reporting and analytics: Data analytics enable the HR team to get clear visibility of employees’ performance and identify the gaps in the business process. It facilitates the HR team to make crucial decisions based on facts and data. Thus it helps to practice transparent HR policies and builds trust among employees. To further increase the employee engagement level, some organizations even use employee engagement software along with their HR software.
● Time-tracking: The best HR software solutions are interlaced with the time-tracking feature and allow employees to clock in/out, view schedules, and manage time-offs effortlessly. At the same time, the HR team can sync these data directly to the payroll and minimize the time required to process the payroll. It enhances the payroll services and minimizes the conflicts between the employees and the admin.
● Meet regulatory compliance: Most companies have to follow laws and regulatory compliances implemented by the regulatory bodies. If organizations miss any of the regulatory compliances, it can bring unexpected fines. With HR software, organizations can stay alert on various industry compliances and avoid hefty fines.
● Automation: With the help of HR software, the HR team can automate many manual tasks like sending mail, mobile messages, and notifications about necessary security patches, business events, or meetings. They can even automate tasks like generating salary slips, processing payroll, and approving leave requests.
● Cost-effective: When it comes to software purchase, many consider it as an expensive affair, but if you take a holistic view, it can help to save a lot on operating costs. Their automation feature helps to reduce labor costs, whereas the centralized storage system can help companies consolidate and centralize information in a safe and secure way. If you own a start-up or small business, if you are running short of budget, don’t worry, you can still leverage the benefits of the HRMS system by using the free and open-source human resource tool.
● Supports mobility
● Track work hours and schedules
● Document management
● Performance management
● Compliance management
● Data Analytics
● Recruitment management
● Role-based data access
● Third-party tool integration
● High Security
● Software deployment (on-premise, cloud, or both)
In the last decade, organizations have become more strategic in their approach to offering exceptional employee experience. They are closely working with their HR team and hiring managers to incorporate processes to improve employees’ efficiency while taking care of their well-being. They want employees to work together with the company’s vision and share stronger bonds. Realizing that the traditional approach for talent management is futile, they are replacing them with the next-generation HR software that allows HR managers to manage their talent pool more efficiently. It helps them to view their workforce from various dimensions and implement procedures or policies that foster a positive work environment for the employees. Due to the HRMS system, the HR team can focus more on their core activities better and execute the employee retention plan more efficiently. If your organization is yet to invest in the best HR software, this is the right time.