If you consider yourself someone who has a brand or a company aiming to become a business or industry icon, you’re likely going to want to amp up the game on your brand recognition. After all, brand awareness and brand recognition are two essential components to increase your appeal to your market – and one of the most efficient ways of doing this is relying on a good website as a “springboard” to your services and product line. If you already have a website set up, you may want to increase its rankings and start getting better views – but this can be such an intimidating option for others that they may feel overwhelmed by the notion. However, did you know that search engine optimization and content can actually help secure those numbers that you need – provided you integrate them into your marketing strategy properly?
SEO And Content: What Do The Numbers Say?
Interestingly, it appears a lot of marketers turn towards SEO and content particularly because of its numerous benefits. Combining the two – both search engine optimization and content – makes branches of digital marketing called SEO and content marketing. In its most basic sense, both SEO marketing and content marketing bank on the premise that content can be an extremely efficient way of attracting readers to your website – and there are numerous other benefits these systems have that make them attractive options for companies to choose.
For instance, content marketing can actually get thrice more leads compared to paid search and outbound marketing – and it can cost as much as 62-percent less. This is a big deal for marketers, considering not only can it vastly decrease expenses, but they can do this and at the same be able to reach modern audiences – that can see as much as 5,000 advertisements in a single day. Tap into even just 10-percent of that audience count every day and that’s still a massive reach every month.
If you’re hoping to appeal to younger audiences, perhaps content and SEO should be a primary focal point for your campaigns as well. For instance, more than 50-percent of people aged 18 to 49 actually get their information online, and businesses who blog can get as much as 126-percent more leads compared to those who don’t. This is because, in the United States alone, 61-percent of online consumers actually make purchases based on recommendations in blogs.
If you’ve ever gotten curious as to how content can do all of these, you’ve come to the right place.
Can SEO And Content Really Help With Your Rankings?
With the above in mind, it’s important to understand that SEO and content remain fundamental components in your rankings strategy. However, it’s also reasonable to be a bit confused when numbers are used to explain the benefits of using efficient search engine optimization and content strategies for your marketing campaigns. In fact, marketing groups and companies such as Digital Class, as evidenced above, bank on the power of SEO and content to get you the kind of numbers you need. Here’s how the two merge to benefit your overall rankings:
Content optimizes your website for search engines:
- When Google was first established as the first search engine, its primary rule for sites to stay on its top pages is to make sure they’re the most relevant sites in their respective fields. Regardless of the changes in Google’s algorithm lately, this has always been its primary rule. As such, it’s important to understand that at the end of the day, if you’re able to make relevant content, you’re most likely going to get the attention of search engines and increase your rankings. Creating good content optimizes your website for search engines to find them attractive.
- When we talk of an optimized website, we don’t necessarily just need to make sure your website is pretty and well-constructed. Its design needs to be incorporated in such a way that navigating your website is easy, people can readily see what you’re offering, and its load times are speedy – but the same principle applies with the way you do content.
- If your content is made easy to read thanks to the language you use, you get not only the appeal of your readers but also search engines. The content you write must be easily understood so people can be encouraged to learn more about what you’re offering them.
- If your content is laid out in such a way that it’s easier to read, this is much better as well. If you use things such as headings, subheadings, bulleted lists, and numbered items, you can make content that is attractive not just in what can be learned, but also in terms of appearance.
- Perhaps one of the most important jobs of content is to help search engines do their jobs properly. Search engines “crawl” through the content of websites, and properly-written content helps these search engines recognize the reputability of your site much better. Writing relevant and informative content boosts the chances of your website being recognized by search engines whenever they have to visit your site.
Content helps establish your brand’s identity:
- Content convinces people to be loyal patrons of your brand – or even just become leads and customers – not solely because of the information you provide to them. They do this because the content you give them is not just relevant, but also catered to their interests. Customers know when people are just giving them B.S., especially since humans – as social creatures – are built to have these instincts with us. Eagle-eyed customers spot irrelevant content a mile away, and with attention spans decreasing, it’s important to make content important for your readers. This gives your brand an identity to call its own, and not just have customers consider it yet another corporate “entity.”
- When you write content, you don’t just write something randomly. Rather, you have to think about the way you want to write it with regards to the identity you want to have. Even the tone of this article aims to achieve a kind of reaction from the reader, and this is something you have to think about as this reflects the overall tone of your site.
- As such, you need to choose a tone that not only fits with your site but something you can use consistently all throughout your various marketing channels. Do you want to be informative and serious? Do you want to be goofy and funny? Do you want to be conversational? All these options can work depending on the kind of identity you want to create.
- If you become inconsistent with your voice, your readers might be put off because you don’t seem “real” to them. The more consistent the tone, the more they can relate to you.
Content paves the way for productive, enriched relationships:
- When brands publish content, they get to communicate with everyone around them. Everything you produce – from the look of your website to your advertisement copy to your blogs – tells people something about your brand. It’s important to establish early on just what direction you want to take with your content in order to develop and enrich relationships you have, not just with your customers, but with fellow members of the industry.
- When you write content, you give everyone the opportunity to get to know you and your brand. You don’t get this kind of intimacy with spiels and product descriptions. When you write content – guides, how-tos, blogs – you get to express yourself and your brand’s interest in unique ways. This can attract readers across all industries and types.
- Readers, for instance, can find your way of writing appealing and decide to purchase your product or avail your service because of how well you were able to articulate points without sounding too much of a sales pitch.
- Rivals and potential partners can establish relationships with you when they get to understand how you work through the way you speak – because sometimes even a single sentence can tell a lot about a person even through an article.
- Relationships establish relevance, and relevance allows search engines to recognize you as someone of authority, further boosting the chances of boosting your rankings.
Content generates powerful, efficient links:
- Content is an extremely efficient and powerful way to build links with your connections, be it with clients or fellow members in the industry. This is important as links associated or located in reputable websites allow them to slingshot you into fame as well, and this allows you to increase your rankings if you do this efficiently.
- Link building is one of the hardest things to do when it comes to building your site’s reputation, as not everyone gets a link to their website immediately. Build your reputation with content, however, and they might want to feature you in their sites.
- Content allows you to not only have something to “sell” to sponsors and partner sites like a product, but allowing them to write content for you may allow some “mutual” exchange to go on, and inform Google that you’re building good relationships in the industry. Being reputable in such a manner can boost your popularity and increase rankings.
The Bottomline: Optimize Your Rankings Through SEO And Content
Planning a digital marketing strategy for your brand remains an essential component for any marketer and business owner’s slate of responsibilities – after all, you can’t get the kind of returns you want and aspire for if you don’t get to implement an efficient marketing strategy. Those who rely on websites to build brand awareness may have to realize that increasing your website rankings will help get the kind of leads you want, which means implementing efficient strategies can help boost your rankings to your objectives. The above explanation as to how SEO and content can help boost your rankings may help convince you to allot a much more focused approach on your marketing strategy.
4 Replies to “SEO and Content: How Content Can Help Boost Your Rankings?”
THANKS FOR SHERING THIS THINGS
awesome!! your article is great. you are proving helpful information…
We received a lot of good information through your blog, keep giving information like this, your information will benefit many people.
Excellent post! You have shared a good in-depth information about SEO and content. Easy to read content are very important as it lets your visitors read them and relate to them in a much easier way. It is important that you and your visitors are on the same page as far as language is concern. this will give you a chance to put across your message easily and help them in a better way.
Thanks for sharing this lovely post. Have a good day. 🙂