Tutoring online is most liked by students due to its ease of use, Cost and its ability to offer an instant linkage to a tutor just when a student need help regarding a study and study material.
If you are silver-tongued on any subject and if you have a good tutoring experience, then you can sign up for online Tutoring websites to become an online tutor. On these sites, you can create a tutor profile with details of you such as the subjects and experience.
In which you can teach fluently, what classes and courses you want to teach, preferred timings for tuitions, your experience level and the payment expected. After verification, the site lists your profile on their portal or dashboard where the students who are interested can connect with you for tuitions.
This will offer you a virtual classroom with built-in teaching aids like live chat, assignments, eBooks, and whiteboards, etc.
And when you get better at tutoring, you can increase your monthly income by teaching multiple students simultaneously.
How much time to devote to your tutoring online?
One of the best advantages of online tutoring is that you are not bound by time limitations you can start your lesson whenever you want and wherever you are, you can easily teach for 2, 3 or 4 hours and more according to your reliability and comfort.
These online tutoring sites are really good and can be accessed anytime by you. But sometimes you also have to think about the time that is suitable for the students.
The requirement of computer hardware
As far as computer hardware concern you should have good quality computer hardware and internet connection for delivering an effective lecture without any interruption. You should have:
- High-speed internet.
- UPS for proper backup in case of power issue.
- Better ram capacity above 2 GB.
- A good headset.
There are many websites, but I will be providing you websites from where you can teach online and make money for your living by tutoring:
1.My Private Tutor: Website can help you to make money online by giving tuition classes on the subjects like maths, physics, chemistry, biology, etc. It is an online portal for study which helps parents find incandescent tutors hassle free and budget effective. It is a place where you can teach to code, if you are good at C, C++, and Java then you are at the perfect place to teach and earn money for yourself. It’s also an International site, countries like UAE, Saudi Arabia, Malaysia, Singapore, Australia, UK, Philippines, Hong Kong, India, Qatar, Kuwait, and Thailand.
2.Tutor Vista: The tutor Vista website can give you an opportunity to become an international online Tutor. This is one of the best online tutoring websites where you can earn as well as grow your career as an online tutor. The main subjects that you can teach are Physics, Chemistry, Math, Biology, Science, and English. The only reason I like this website a lot is because you can either work full-time or part-time and even become a certified online tutor for free. It is one of the reputed company in tutoring online where you can teach and earn.
3. Homework Market: Homework Market is an online tutoring website that connects students with tutors that can help them do their homework. Homework Market professional tutors are flexible in assisting students in any way and aimed to help students improve their academic, study skills and strategies. It is also the perfect website for those aspiring individuals that want to grow their career as an online tutor. If you are motivated, reliable and good at helping students then Homework Market is the best place for you.
4.Vedantu: Is another website for tutoring online which came into inception since 2014. This is one of the top leading websites in India. This website has become one of the biggest websites for preparing a prestigious institution like, Birla Institute of the Technology, Indian Institute of Technology and the National Institute of technology, etc. so if you have the ability to teach about (IIT-JEE), CAT, NDA, NIMCET exams to the website is waiting for you to join as a tutor. You can earn more than 40-50 thousand/month by teaching only 4hrs/day. The best thing I liked about this website is that we can provide a teaching Demo on the site.
With many other courses available to teach online and make money by it for just teaching. You can also teach about the targeted Exams here, for these boards: ICSE, CBSE, IGCSE and also about some other states board of country.
5. Studypool: By this site, you can simply answer students questions and earn a lot of money. You can earn up to $500/week tutoring part-time or potentially up to 60K a year tutoring, and it’s only 15% commission. If you are good at answering questions about Academic, then it is the right Place for you.
6. Learn OK: Earn money by sharing your knowledge! LearnOK provides you with a unique opportunity to convert your skills and knowledge into money via our program “Peer Mentors.” Enroll in their program, and start earning money. The world needs you!
7. Preply: Preply.com helps you easily connect with students and learners from across the world. The tutors can choose their own rates and working hours based on their convenience. Preply’s tutor rating system and filters make it super easy for a student to find their perfect tutor. The platform doesn’t only focus on English teaching but also includes a huge variety of Global & Indian languages such as Japanese, Italian, Hindi, Sanskrit, Punjabi, Telugu, etc. You can even learn/teach Music, Arts and other skills on Preply.
Some other way to make money through teaching to students online
- Personal website: As you know the scope of the internet is growing each day and you can develop your personal website with which can teach students online. You can also collect fees from students online. There are many people who are managing their personal websites to promote their coaching centers and are also teaching through websites. You can also create your website and run promotional programs to promote the online as well as the offline coaching Centre. You can also read a full topic on how you can make money Online. My Friend Robin khokhar has provided a full tutorial on the same.
- Android learning app: In the today’s era android market is the boon, This best source to expand business via Android app online top visited android app like BYJU, S App, Khan Academy are tutoring through an Android app. You can also create an Android app to run a tutoring business.
- Sell study material and software online: If you are passionate about software development, you can develop a study related software for students and if you have a bookshop then sell books and stationery material on e-commerce marketplace. You can sell through major e-commerce giant sites like the SnapDeal, ShopClues, Paytm, and Flipkart. By just registering yourself as a vendor on their websites.
There may be more ways to make money online by tutoring online. And if there are any ways that you know about tutoring online, I will be glad to hear your comments. Or if you any query or question about tutoring online then feel free to ask, I will be happy to help you.
And also, I want to thank my friend Robin Khokhar for allowing me to write a guest post on his Blog.