Typically, many business owners like you are a bit confused as to why you should have a landing page in WordPress. You sometimes even wonder about the difference between a landing page and the rest of your regular pages. Improving the landing page is very important to engage more customers and visitors.
If you want to be enlightened, a landing page is there to pay attention to one thing, and that’s to sell your products or services. For this reason, it must be visually appealing to your target audience to increase your conversion rate. To do that, you need to enhance your landing pages to get the best possible business outcomes.
To improve your landing pages in WordPress, here are a few tips to consider from the get-go.
What Is A Landing Page?
In its simplest terms, a landing page refers to a page where you direct your visitors to land to evoke a specific action, particularly buying a product or service, clicking another website, and many more. It’s also the web page wherein your users are directed from other online platforms such as social media and search engines.
For most entrepreneurs, having a landing page in WordPress is crucial to the success of their business. With them as part of your online platforms, they can help generate leads, collect traffic, improve marketing campaigns, and boost sales.
However, to fully understand what landing pages can do for your business, it’s best to get familiar with these essential elements:
- Strong Headlines – It shows what the landing page is all about. Because of this, it must be reliable, appealing, and easy to read so you can attract more visitors to land on your page.
- Relevant and Engaging Content – It’s what you see inside the pages. It must be engaging and easy to digest so users can quickly understand what you’re saying. Make sure to use natural language to make your page more personalized and sincere.
- High-Quality Images – Pure text content is sometimes dull and unappealing. That’s why it’s important to add quality images to your landing pages to draw your visitors’ attention.
- Call-To-Action – This is the most vital element of your landing pages because it encourages the visitors to act. Hence, it should stand out among the other components of your pages.
Tips for Improving Your Landing Pages in WordPress
As mentioned, your landing pages can help you convert a visitor into a loyal customer. With that goal alone, boosting the performance of your pages is one of the things you should do for your online business. You should pay attention to some aspects that can improve your site’s overall user experience.
To get you started, below are the tips for improving your landing pages in WordPress:
Make Your Landing Pages More Effective
Maintaining effective landing pages doesn’t only focus on a single aspect. It’s a combination of different elements to make your pages more engaging, appealing, and relevant to your target audience. This means these elements should work hand in hand to enhance the overall performance of your landing pages.
Below are some ways to make your pages more effective:
- Be Relevant and Specific – Since your landing pages are pages where your visitors land after clicking a link from other sources, they must be relevant and specific in terms of their title and content. You should create a title or content that matches the link you provide on other platforms. This is to avoid confusion once the user initially clicks the link.
- Keep It Simple – When it comes to landing pages, simple and minimal designs usually work best. That’s because they can make your pages more natural and freer from unnecessary features that might annoy the visitors upon their visit. Therefore, if you want to keep your page design as simple as possible, hire an experienced WordPress website designer to help you. Exactly know what to do to ensure effective pages.
- Make Use of Contrasting Colors – Again, your pages’ CTAs should stand out to make them more enticing to your target audience. To do this, use high-contrasting colors to get the attention of your visitors.
- Keep A Logical Flow of Content – For the content, maintaining a logical flow of thoughts can make your pages more useful. This means that the content should have an order such as the title followed by the body text, which talks about the benefits of the product, and then the CTA.
Create Mobile-Friendly Pages
In today’s modern world, most people worldwide use mobile devices for many reasons, such as buying and selling products. Sometimes, when the page isn’t mobile-responsive, the user will not hesitate to leave and never come back.
If you don’t want this to happen, be sure to make mobile-friendly landing pages. This means your pages should have a great mobile version that can be accessed by different mobile devices around the world. Lastly, by making your pages mobile-responsive, you can boost user experience and encourage more people to visit your site and turn them into customers.
Provide Real-Time Support
Improving your landing pages doesn’t only focus on the design elements. It’s also about creating trust-based relationships among your visitors by making yourself available to them every time they need you. In order to do this, you should add a live chat feature to WordPress to provide real-time support to your target audience.
Moreover, you can get the most out of several benefits such as offering a reliable environment that can make your visitors feel valued, encouraging them to take action, and generating leads at any time of the day.
Optimizing testimonials is one of the best things to do if you want to improve your landing pages. Primarily, testimonials are statements coming from your customers, testifying about how great your products or services are. Hence, they should be as authentic as they should be to add a better sense of credibility.
To do this, you should use customer photos to make your testimonials more real. But you need to ask your client’s permission first before posting their faces on your pages. Also, using video testimonials can be an excellent idea because it can be a legitimate living testimony of how you do business perfectly. With this information at your disposal, you can attract visitors to take action and turn them into customers.
Optimize for Search Engines
You should never underestimate the importance of search engines in improving your landing pages. Seemingly, an attractive page is useless if it’s not searching engine optimized. When you conduct search engine optimization to your pages, this means making them more visible to your potential visitors.
Unless you’re an SEO expert yourself, hiring an SEO consultant can make the process of optimization much easier and faster. They know what to do to optimize your landing pages for search engines. For example, they can recommend content optimization by using keywords and key phrases. With the addition of proper keywords in the content, you can make your landing pages rank in the search engine results.
Incorporate Security Features
Of course, enhancing your landing pages in WordPress means making sure your visitors see them as a safe place to go. To make this happen, it’s important to add some security features such as security seals and logos to increase the trust of your target audience.
In most cases, landing pages with security features are more attractive to your potential visitors. They feel like your pages, and any business transaction conducted there are safe and secure against online security threats. Because of this, they’ll not hesitate to visit your pages and perform a significant action later.
If you want to evoke your visitors’ motivation to take action on your page, you should eliminate striking distractions to prevent them from leaving. Usually, when they see a lot of unnecessary pop-ups in your pages, they get discouraged and, in most cases, annoyed with what’s going on with your pages. This makes the removal of distractions a great way to improve your landing pages in WordPress.
Keep Track of Your Landing Page Metrics
To thoroughly improve your landing pages, you must know how they’re performing to reach your business goal. This means keeping track of your page metrics to determine what they lack or what modifications are required to make them better. These metrics include page visits, session duration, traffic source, bounce rate, and even the conversion rate.
On the other hand, keeping an eye on these page elements can be easier with the help of some tracking tools. For example, you can use Google Analytics to monitor the performance of all the metrics and provide comprehensive reports that can show how your landing pages are performing. And with this information in place, you can create some efficient strategies to improve your pages for better results.
As you can see, there are many ways to boost your landing pages’ performance and make changes. Hence, by following these tips, you can take your pages to the next level plus enjoy the benefits of having more traffic, conversion leads, and, more importantly, sales.