Landing pages are web pages where you send your consumers to kick off a conversation and secure the deal. These web pages are the center of all lead generation endeavors. From the campaigns you manage, every event that you present, up to the funnel offer you make. All of these should be associated with a landing page.
An effective landing page is usually a web page with a sole focus, specifically a CTA (call-to-action) aimed at your target market. Landing pages are essential for any online business as it attracts and appeal to your leads into your purchase funnel and informs and convert them into buying customers.
With that in mind, you need to create a landing page that provides an excellent user experience to have a higher conversion rate. Every businesses’ conversion rates rely upon their landing pages. That’s why it’s crucial to update your landing pages regularly to boost your conversion rates. Here are five ways you can optimize your landing pages.
Keep Your Headings Up-to-Date
Headlines are the first information a reader sees when visiting a website. Not only that, did you know that about 20 percent of website visitors continue to read what is after the headline?
With that said, a headline should be compelling and irresistible enough to make your visitors read what’s after it. A landing page’s heading has a tremendous impact and effect on a website’s bounce rates than other elements.
Heading refinements and testing can help make a huge difference for your conversion rates. Here are a few ways you can optimize your landing page heading:
- Keep it clear and simple. Simplicity and transparency mostly aid persuasion.
- Give your visitors a solution to the problem they are facing.
- Write your headlines in Title Case.
- Consider writing your headline in a question-like manner.
- Use call-to-action words and phrases.
- Use “How to” type of headline.
More often than not, being in touch with your prospects much faster will hand out a better impression than making them wait for some minutes. Responding faster will not only make your potential consumers happier but can even lead them to complete a purchase.
Chatbots are one of the many tools that can help companies and businesses alike to have a higher conversion rate. It aids real people to convert. A fast and speedy response means there’s a high likelihood of getting more leads. It’s as simple as that.
Also, it’s good to stress that in today’s dynamic world, most people got no patience waiting for a response. In fact, according to a study by Drift, five minutes without a response will increase the chances of not making contact with a potential customer.
Another benefit of adding a chatbot into your landing page is that it helps your site visitors even when you are not around. It enables you to respond to the inquiries of your customers instantaneously, without you having to answer on your own.
As such, if you think that you can’t make a response with your customers within five minutes, then take chatbots to your advantage. Leverage these tools to interact with your visitors and provide simple solutions to whatever problem they’re facing.
Include Directional Cues
Directional cues are like arrows pointing toward the crucial aspects of your landing page. There are two kinds of directional cues, explicit directional cues, and implicit directional cues.
Implicit directional cues are subtle cues, usually overlooked by visitors. For example, encapsulation, color contrast, and white space.
- Encapsulation is an excellent way of highlighting the most critical elements on the landing page by making a confined window or box of focus. It’s made with outlines, boxes, and contradicting colors to minimize page chaos and drive more attention to certain elements.
- Color Contrast. Contrasting colors make customers focus and concentrate on a certain element.
- White Space. It is the empty space or negative space of your home page that attracts attention to particular elements. It can aid in simplifying your landing page, boost overall comprehension, and enhance user experience.
On the other hand, explicit directional cues are more apparent and conspicuous to the human eye as compared to the implicit directional cues. For instance, strategic object arrangement, eye gaze, gesturing or pointing, arrows, and lines.
- Strategic Object Positioning. Object positioning helps in making certain aspects of your landing page more noticeable.
- Eye Gaze. It is a directional cue that’s effective and potent on landing pages. By using eye gaze directional cue, visitors will more likely see what you’d want them to see. It persuades them to look at where you want and adds personal appeal as well.
- Gesturing or Pointing. Like eye gaze, a model gesture or point gets customers to pay attention to where you’d want them to notice.
- Arrows and Lines. Whether it’s stationary and moving, these objects are useful in influencing visitors to make an action. They’re simple and straightforward.
Add More Information
To increase your conversion rate, give your visitors more information to take actions instantly. In this way, you can boost landing page traffic, which can then increase the conversion rate. Also, it aids e-commerce websites for faster sales.
However, be sure only to add information that doesn’t confuse and divert them from making a purchase. It must be suitable for skim reading and eliminating any obstacles to conversions. You should add content that supports sales, helps visitors to create action sooner, and boost average order values.
Nurture Your Prospects
Of course, not everyone who reaches out to your business is ready to purchase now. As such, focus on leads that are ready to complete a purchase. In a study conducted by MarketingSherpa, companies that take more time nurturing their prospects experience a 45 percent increase in ROI.
There are a lot of ways for which you can tweak your homepage to boost conversions. For example, updating your headlines, adding chatbots, including directional cues, giving more information, and nurturing your leads. These ways can help you improve your landing page to boost your conversion rates.
However, if you’re having difficulties, you can reach out to SEO Agencies such as KKC Outsourcing for help.