The .com domain for which you were looking is already taken.
Or already purchased?
And the best thing is the cost of the .com domain name you are looking for is too high.
If that’s the case.
I will guide you to buy a domain name if the .com extension which you are looking for is not available.
I mean the internet is changing, and people are using different domain extensions for their websites. Like there are different domain extensions like .uk for the United Kingdom, .in for India, .au for Australia, and likewise for the other countries. You can try from your country and see what kind of extension you are getting. Besides these, there are many more like .org for organizations, .edu for education purposes, .net for internet kind of things, .info for information, .gov for the government, .blog for blogging, and many other domain extensions are there.
How to check if the .com domain extension is not available?
There are many Domain name Generator tools and websites of the domain and hosting provider companies that can help you to look for the desired .com domain. There are domain and hosting provider companies like Bigrock, Bluehost, Namecheap, Godaddy, Hostgator, and more. You can use anyone to search for the domain name you are looking for; all will show the same results. But there are some particular domain names that are being reserved for the domain provider companies to earn a little more, so that can be a small problem while finding a perfect domain name for your website or blog. However, I have always preferred Godaddy, when looking for new a domain.
Now what to do when .com Domain is already taken?
First of all, let me tell you that .com stands for commercial. It is not necessary to get the .com your blog or website. And here are the things which you must do when .com is not available:
- Look for an alternate name your brand, website or blog.
- If you are in a mood to buy the same domain name, then there are other domain extensions for which you can go for.
- Choose the extension wisely. Like if you are in the education business then you can go for .edu, if you are looking to run a blog then you can go for .blog, and if you are an organization then go for .org.
- The domain name provider company will also show the related domain extensions. You can see the below screenshot for the same.
Some Important tips for buying a domain
A domain name is a name that represents you, your company, or your organization. So, you must keep these tips in mind:
- Make the name of your domain as short as possible. Short domain names are easy to remember and type. And if you are getting it printed on your visiting card, it will be good and doesn’t occupy much space. Like Google.com, Digg.com, Apple.com, and many companies use a small name. A small name can even be good for Startup Company and help a company to represent their brand with ease. The companies like Amzon.com, Addidas.com, and many others have taken advantage of the short domain name.
- Do not buy domains from a reseller. It can be a burden when you buy an old domain from some other webmasters. I am not saying that you should not buy domains which already have good domain authority but I will ask to check the factors like trust flow, citation flow and many other things about that domain. I will recommend you to you to check the old history of that Domain and even possibly check the links pointing to that domain.
- Don’t buy domains with a hyphen. A hyphen a can spoil the name of your domain. The user can be confused about the domain address and will be difficulty in remembering, eventually leading to some other domain or nowhere. And the many SEO experts give up when they are asked to rank a website with a hyphen.
- Do not buy a domain which is related to some other brand. Let me explain you. If you look for a domain which is adidas.com but it is not available, and you go for another domain extension like Adidas.In, Adidas.blog, adidas.net or related. And I will say that you are doing the biggest mistake because your website’s name is never going to be ranked on the first page of Google because adidad.com is already there. And your website will end up nowhere, and it will be too hard to rank that domain.
- Try to buy a Domain which includes a keyword or is a keyword itself. If the Keyword will be the domain name or domain name containing the keyword, then it will be a lot easier to get a huge amount of organic traffic in a short time.
- Check the Social media also. While buying a domain, you must also check that the domain you are buying is not similar to the pages created on the Facebook, and other social accounts. That can be a problem when you will be doing social media optimization.
- Buy the same domain extensions. If you are going to become a brand and you know that you are up to it. Then just don’t buy one extension, buy multiple extensions for your domain name like .org, .net, .com, .co.in and similar. And redirect all these extensions to one domain name. If you are not buying these extensions than someone can buy and use these domains extension against you.
Finally, what I want to say.
Sometimes Domain names play a major role, and sometimes they don’t.
So, don’t just rely on the .com domain, so you can go with an extension on the internet and start your business. Google these days gives equal priority to the different extensions.
And I would love to know your opinion about the .com domain. You can share your opinion in the comments section.