To be honest, sharing ready-made solutions and earning money for them turned out to be a booming industry. Nowadays, more and more marketplaces emerge and give a chance to sell web design templates. However, not everyone knows what are the best resources to show them after developing. Many novices have an interest in getting their themes noticed but do not know what platform will be better for the task. Every marketplace has its peculiarities, terms, and advantages. For this reason, it is crucial to know them before joining the site as an author. We are here to make it simple for you to make this difficult choice. Below, you are going to find short descriptions of five marketplaces to sell web design templates. These include TemplateMonster, Envato Market, Creative Market, DesignHill, and Zazzle. Let us start getting familiar with them here and now.
How to Sell Web Design Templates on TemplateMonster?
Have you been around the web design industry for quite a long time? In this case, it is probable that your acquaintance with the TemplateMonster Marketplace has already happened. After 18 years of its work, it managed to gather more than 80,000 digital items. Anyway, not everyone knows that this resource also salutes talented authors from all around the world. Now, when you know this fact, we need to learn all the points that distinguish the marketplace from others.
- Without a doubt, we need to start with a commission rate. There is a difference in the cut when it comes to exclusive and non-exclusive products. If you sell web design templates only on the TemplateMonster Marketplace, your starting point will be 50-65%. Selling your items on different platforms at once means that your commission will start at 40%. We have pleasant news for graphic designers. You have the freedom to sell non-exclusive products with a 65% cut. There is no division in terms of exclusivity.
- Those people who sell Shopify and OpenCart themes can set their prices up. It is possible, thanks to an author-driven pricing policy.
- To increase your revenue, you can consider adding your products to ONE Subscription. Speaking about this web-design toolkit, we cannot forget about its brand-new plan. It is suitable for every budget because it enables the downloading of many items for free. Among them, you are going to find various graphics, presentation templates, and others.
- Another way to boost your earnings is to join the TemplateMonster Affiliate Program. You will get a referral link to include in your posts. As a result, you can get a 90% cut from every sale.
- You can get help from a personal manager or guides available on the site. There is also a big Facebook community where authors share their experiences and ideas.
- It is also crucial to mention that a skilled team will review your items as quickly as possible. If something is wrong, it will share all the notices connected with improvement.
Sell Web Design Templates on TemplateMonster: What Products Does It Accept?
First of all, these website templates for such popular CMS and eCommerce platforms as:
You can also share HTML, Bootstrap, and admin templates. Another category is plugins that include:
- WordPress plugins;
- PrestaShop modules;
- Magento extensions;
Graphic designers will be ready to show their:
- CV templates;
- certificate designs;
- corporate identity;
- and many others.
The marketplace also accepts stock media and presentations templates for:
- Google Slides.
Another marketplace that deserves your attention is Envato Market. It has a bunch of subdivisions where you can share themes, fonts, plugins, stock photos, audio and video, and other assets. As you are looking for ways to sell web design templates, we need to speak more about ThemeForest.
To start with, it is crucial to understand what products ThemeForest accepts. It is no doubt you can start selling different CMS templates like:
- and others.
These also include eCommerce templates for such widely-popular platforms like:
- and many others.
You can also share UI elements for the most popular software that includes:
- Adobe XD;
Envato has many qualities that make people choose this marketplace over others. Millions of visitors from impressive traffic that makes sure the biggest number will view your work. In addition to this, ThemeForest promises to provide you with a 50% cut from every sale. If you decide to support your times, it will bring you more earnings. We cannot keep silent about a chance to become an elite or powerful author. This status can bring you extra benefits. As an example, the team can interview you and post it on your blog. You can also get special badges and find a place on the wall of fame.
The next resource is a perfect match not only for those who want to sell web design templates. It is also a wonderful place for photographers and illustrators who require promoting their work. As you can understand, we are speaking about the Creative Market. We will not waste your time and explain what types of products you can sell here.
What is the catch offered by this marketplace? To start with, it is an opportunity to keep a 60% commission from every sale. It is also a chance to sell both non-exclusive and exclusive items and set your prices for the assortment. When it comes to a review process, you will not need for the team to upload your new products. Furthermore, you have the freedom to manage your shop. Thanks to the useful options, it is possible to know everything about your sales statistics. You can also socialize with buyers.
DesignHill is ready to open its doors to different creatives from all corners of the world. These days, an impressive number of graphic, logo, web, packaging, illustration, and other designers sell their work here. What does this marketplace offer to its potential authors?
- The network of over 100,000 buyers.
- Up to 90% from each sale.
- No-exclusivity lock-in that allows you to sell web design templates on multiple platforms.
- An opportunity to set your prices.
- No per-service approval.
There are also custom services available to pre-approved designers and artists who sell high-quality design. You can demand the prices you deserve for your professional work. In general, the site has over 35 categories of products to choose from. These include brand and identity, website and app, illustration and art, and many others.
Finally, we are ready to speak about Zazzle. As it is mentioned on the site, this marketplace considers itself as a people-powered design platform. Many popular brands trust them in terms of their licensed products. These include Disney, Marvel, DC Comics, and many others. As you can understand, many creatives have a chance to monetize their content or services.
To start with, you need to create your store on Zazzle that will turn out to be a virtual gallery. Then, you can start working with different tools that allow uploading your assortment to the site. Add tags and descriptions so that other people can find the necessary items in a flash. After this, promote your products and be ready for a flow of people to view them. Keep in mind that Zazzle’s default royalty rate is 5%. The maximum royalty rate is 99%. Except for ready-made templates, you can sell more items. These include business cards, calendars, phone cases, posters, and many others.
A Few Words in Conclusion
If you are into creating unique and eye-catching templates, it will be perfect to start selling them on the Internet. After getting familiar with these marketplaces, you should not wonder where to share them. Now, you have five widely-known choices with an amazing audience. Just make sure to consider all the details, types of products that it accepts, and everything will be perfect. There is no need to invest time and money into your online-project to sell web design templates. You can always turn to the professional resource that will do everything instead of you. We hope that you will manage to reach the desired number of people. Thanks for reading!