If you are looking for the best SEO analytics tool then you should look no further than Google Analytics because you will hardly find any other better than this. All you need to know is how to use it to prove the true value of SEO to your clients and help your business to grow.
SEO is often considered to be a Catch-22 for all small as well as medium-sized businesses and for that this analytical tool will help you in ways more than one such as:
- It will tell you about the specific pattern of the users and their behavior.
- It will let you know about the areas lacking and those areas that need further improvement.
- You will also be able to make proper plans to proceed and make amendments in your SEO practices to ensure that you get the results as desired.
Now, the question is whether it is worth investing so much time and effort in your SEO given the present busy scenario. The answer is, yes. With the help of Google Analytics, you will be able to:
- Know how much real value SEO can add to your business and ensure more profit.
- Test the true value of SEO for your business.
The most significant benefit of using Google Analytics is that you will get the best reports and analysis and in-process you can also save a lot of money on other overhead expenses such as:
- On a full-time digital marketer.
- On a digital analyst.
- On an SEO consultant and others of similar capacity.
Of course, with all these benefits and features of Google Analytics, you will be able to prove the worth of SEO for your business.
Reason to use this tool
Once you use this tool, you will seldom want to use other SEO tools that are available out there on the market to test the value of SEO for your business yourself. There are a couple of good reasons for that.
- Since most of these SEO Analytics tools are costly, the Google Analytics tool will also save your money on this front as well.
- Another good reason to use Google Analytics instead of the other freemium SEO tools is that it will not lock away any of the valuable features for the paid tier.
This tool will help all businesses, small and large, to solve the chicken-and-egg problem that is so common in most of the businesses. Businesses will be able to investigate whether or not their SEO efforts will really produce any positive return on their investment of money and time. Most importantly, they will not have to pay a big amount upfront for any SEO expert in New York-based SEO Company to analyze whether they are following the right SEO tactics to make the best out of their marketing channel in the first place.
The results produced
Google Analytics provides wonderful results in spite of being a free digital analytics tool. According to Goggle reports, this tool is used by more than half of all the websites that you will find on the internet by some measures. As for most of the SMBs, it is actually the only SEO analytics tool that they use to evaluate the value of SEO for their business.
This tool helps the businesses to find the organic search traffic metrics and analyze these in a much better way to know:
- The analytics reports of the results.
- The value of your organic search traffic.
- The reports and SEO-related metrics that should be tracked.
- The ways to build a proper and relevant SEO dashboard in order to see the key SEO metrics at a glance and much more.
All these reports and analytical results will help you to build a better SEO strategy.
Finding and building organic search traffic
When you use the Google Analytics reports, it will be much easier for you to find and build organic search traffic. The tool will help you to find those visitors searching for a specific keyword and click on a specific search engine result instead of any Pay-Per-Click or PPC ad. This means that you will get free traffic from the search engines in larger numbers rather than investing a large sum on getting more paid traffic from digital ads.
All you need to do is find and isolate the organic traffic on Google Analytics. For this, you will first need to know how the organic traffic to your site is performing. There are ideally two ways in which you can ascertain the performance of your organic traffic.
Look into the channel’s reports:
You will need to look deeper and more closely to the channel’s report. By channels, it is meant the different ways the visitors get into your website. It can be traffic from social networks, referrals, and paid searches.
If you do not know where to look for this, then here it is:
- Go to acquisition.
- Click on all traffic.
- Then on channels.
This will enable you to see how different channel groupings are performing and know all relevant details in terms of traffic, conversions, and engagement.
- When you click on Organic Search it will let you see:
- The metrics of only those visitors from organic search.
- The Organic Keywords report.
- The top-performing keywords sorted according to the metrics of your choice.
For example, if you want to sort the organic keywords according to the bounce rate, which is the percentage of users visiting your site and leaving it immediately without further actions, it will allow you to see only those keywords that drive the most highly engaged and high-quality traffic.
Segment the traffic:
This is the second way to find your organic traffic and build accordingly. You can create segments by a search engine that will show you the source of the traffic such as Google, Yahoo, or Bing. You can also segment them by landing page which is the first web page that the visitor sees when they visit your site.
When you know your traffic, you can easily build on them. Thanks to the Google Analytics tool!