A website is the heart of a business’s internet presence. It gives an organization an original identity with a scope of scaling the business. Moreover, it helps to reach a wider audience. However, it’s not easy to build a website if you do not know your options and haven’t planned for them. Today, we will explore two types, mainly HTML vs WordPress websites, which can be better for your business. So keep reading, and you can clear your confusion.
What is a WordPress website?
If you want complete control over your website, WordPress is the platform for you. It’s a content management system (CMS) that permits you to manage your website. WordPress is even easy for beginners as you can make changes from the admin area after a bit of understanding.
According to Forbes, WordPress is adopted by approximately 75 million websites, and 409 million people see 23.6 million pages per month. The fame of WordPress is enormous as it continues modernizing itself through frequent updates and eases the responsibilities for users. However, you should not confuse WordPress.org with WordPress.com because WordPress.com is the open-source CMS available on WordPress.org. And WordPress.com is a blog hosting platform.
What is an HTML website?
When you have to display web pages, you can use HTML as the markup language. Moreover, it’s good when you need to define the structure of the content of the website. The content of your website is stored in static files. However, you need the assistance of a web developer to build the website from scratch for your business.
Let’s compare HTML vs WordPress websites for a better understanding of your business.
Advantages of a WordPress website
- Quick to update: You are free to add the pages to your website without the help of a developer by just login in. It’s simple to operate with an easy UI interface which helps you in easy updating.
- Several templates: You can use one from the several professional templates, according to your business, from WordPress, for your website. These themes are professionally made by experts and help your site look attractive.
Disadvantages of a WordPress website
- Knowledge: WordPress indeed is straightforward to use. However, you need a basic understanding of the software to handle your website with full ownership.
- Regular Maintenance: You have to make sure that you correct plugins and themes to run your website smoothly. Moreover, you have to ensure that they’re regularly updated.
Advantages of an HTML website
- Little maintenance: Your HTML website doesn’t need regular updates, backups, and maintenance once it’s made. It’s just once in a while that you should check its health.
- Low server needs: Your HTML website doesn’t need PHP or MySQL servers as it can be built on cheaper servers. However, you may be offered better servers during the hosting plan.
Disadvantages of an HTML website
- Costs: As you’ll require to hire people for minor tasks, the price can increase than a WordPress website.
- Fewer features: You’ll need a developer every time you want to add a small element to your websites like a store, a survey or poll, a gallery, and more. It increases your dependency.
Which One Should You Choose?
Now that you’ve learned the advantages and disadvantages of both WordPress and HTML, do you have a better understanding of which one is best for your website?
Well, to make it easier for you,
HTML is a better alternative if your website does not require regular updates, revisions, or more information. HTML will also help your website function faster.
WordPress is the ultimate choice if you want to expand and update your business website on a regular basis. What’s the deal here?
Well, even if you don’t have any technical expertise, you can easily manage your website using WordPress. You may also generate the content and pages you require at any time. Furthermore, there are several plugins available to power your site’s functionalities and help you build your business, such as:
- Although WordPress is SEO-friendly, SEO plugins such as Yoast SEO can help you further improve it.
- If you have an online business, e-commerce plugins like WooCommerce make it simple to administer.
Plugins, you can easily combine your content marketing approach with your email marketing plan. You can keep in touch with the consumers by creating an email list utilizing a plugin like MailChimp.
- Using a marketing automation plugin will help you save time by automating promotional strategies.
What do you think now? Using WordPress plugins, you can maximize your online marketing plan to generate leads, connect with consumers on a regular basis, and close deals.
There is no one-size-fits-all solution when it comes to choosing between WordPress and HTML. It all depends on what your primary objective is. Concludingly, from HTML vs WordPress website, choose that fits your requirements.