Every business wants to make more profit and spend less. Marketing costs are definitely one of the major expenses that put a dent in a business budget. So you may ask yourself: how to market your business for free?
We have got you covered. In the modern digital world, there is a myriad of ways to advertise your website without breaking your bank. Here are several tested ways that you should try.
1. Optimize Your Website for SEO
Search engine optimization is a must-do both for startups and already established companies. The good thing about SEO is even if you’re not very tech-savvy, you can do some basic optimizations yourself.
However, you should remember that search engine optimization takes time to show results. To boost your SEO, you must invest in a quality hosting service or a website builder that ensures excellent uptime and speed. You might want to check Website Advisor for relevant information.
These two factors greatly affect your site’s SEO.
Google has indicated that site speed is one of the ranking factors. If you don’t want to spend a fortune on hosting right now, look for an inexpensive hosting plan that does not compromise on performance.
Some do-it-yourself SEO tips to improve your organic rankings include
- Start your SEO with keyword research. It will give you an understanding of the phrases and words people use to search for your products. Google Keyword Planner is a great tool to do keyword research for free.
- Optimize your web content around keywords. Remember, search engines not only see how many times you used the keyword, but they also consider metadata when giving a site ranking. So, also optimize the meta-titles and description of each page on your site.
- Always write a fresh copy for your site. Search engines detect plagiarized content, and that can lead to poor ranking.
2. Use Google My Business Profile
One of the best ideas of how to market your business for free is advertising it through Google My Business. It is a free tool from Google to enterprises to manage their online presence.
The tool helps your business rank in local search engine results. Don’t forget, ranking high in local searches shows you’re a relevant and legitimate company.
According to Forbes, Google My business is worth the effort and has the potential to help companies to reach new customers. Signing it up is free and takes only a few minutes.
3. Start an Email List
You can also get free online marketing for your site by creating an email list and advertising via email campaigns. While it is challenging and time-consuming, it’s worth it.
According to a report from the Direct Marketing Association, every single dollar you spend on email marketing gives you an ROI of around $38.
Though with most email marketing software you will need to get paid membership to relish their advanced features. However, there are several things you can do with free accounts.
Some of the popular free email marketing software plans that you can start with include:
- Mailchimp’s free plan lets you send to 12,000 emails per month to 2000 subscribers. That is more than enough for startups.
- TinyLetter is another popular free email tool. However, it lacks business features available in MailChimp.
Blogging is another way to market your business for free. It is one of the easiest and cost-effective ways to build a relationship with your prospects. Blogging helps you establish yourself as an expert in the industry and dramatically improve your conversion.
But bear in mind, one of the primary keys of blogging is to keep your stream continual.
According to a study, businesses that blog receive 97% more links to their websites. So benefit from this inexpensive online marketing strategy.
You can create a separate blog section on your site or choose platforms like WordPress.com that offer a free blogging service.
Also, take out some time for guest blogging as it could be more beneficial than posting to your own blog. When you post on popular blogs, you get access to an established audience.
5. Embrace Social Media
95% of adults aged between 18 to 34 are most likely to follow a business through social media says MarketingSherpa. So harness the power of this fantastic tool and gain exposure for free.
Some of the social media strategies you can use to amplify your results include:
- Choose the right social network. If you aren’t not gaining benefit from some social media platforms, switch to others. Choose it according to your business niche. For instance, if you want to promote visual content, platforms like Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest might help you better.
- Develop your voice. Followers should be able to see your brand’s personality in your social media posts.
- Remember, nothing will kill your marketing efforts more than irregular posting. So post regularly.
6. Answer Questions
Most people who are stuck and looking to ease their pain point, turn up to particular forums on the internet. If you can provide real answers to their queries, you can turn them into customers. Question answer websites like Quora, Yahoo Answers are some of the ideal platforms where you find potential customers.
Create accounts on these forums and start looking for your services and products. For instance, if you want to create awareness about your fashion clothing business, you can search for “latest jackets.” You can get a lot of questions related to your products.
People might ask you about the best trendy jackets, and there you can suggest your products. You may start answering easy questions and then move toward complicated ones.
How to Market Your Business for Free: It’s Possible!
There are many marketing channels for businesses that won’t put a dent in a budget. One of the most important steps you should take is optimizing your website for SEO. While this is a slow process, the payback is usually huge!
Additionally, take advantage of social media profiles, start a blog, and give email marketing a try. All these tips combined will definitely produce some results.