Why is lawyer SEO so important?
If you have a law practice that you’re looking to grow online, improving your organic search traffic can be a great way to get started. Research has shown time and time again why more attention needs to be paid to lawyer SEO marketing if you’re looking for growth. While search engine optimization can seem difficult to implement, especially for a team of lawyers who have never deep-dived into any form of marketing, it must never be overlooked.
Among the many benefits of SEO include:
- It improves your law firm’s organic visibility. Your law firm will appear on top of organic search results for relevant terms and be placed in front of many potential clients.
- While SEO for lawyers takes time, it is known to deliver impressive ROI compared to traditional marketing. Boosted search visibility directly improves website traffic and ultimately increases revenue.
- Law firm SEO fosters credibility and trust. Search engines use ranking factors like website speed, mobile usability, and content to determine where to send their users. Higher rankings are a mark of trust and authority.
- When effectively implemented, law firm SEO also promotes your website 24/7. You reach users when they are searching for your legal services, not random people without the right intent.
- Search engine optimization as a channel is designed to target users across different stages of the marketing funnel. You can have your blog post appear as a top-of-the-funnel strategy before directing the user to your contact page.
- You can use law firm SEO to reach your entire target audience, not just a section of it. Proper keyword optimization allows you to achieve this.
- Through SEO, you can improve your user experience. Search engines prioritize web pages that provide a favorable user experience. Improving your user experience will become a priority that not only boosts the law firm’s website rankings on search engines but also its overall success.
8 Questions to Ask Before Hiring a Lawyer SEO Agency
If looking for a lawyer SEO company, get ready to ask some important questions that will shed some light on the agency you are planning to work with. Asking the right questions will help you make an informed decision and get an agency that eventually helps you grow your law firm.
1. Do you have any experience working with other law firms?
First things first, narrow down your options to search engine optimization agencies that have helped other law firms improve their rankings on search engines. Ask the agency for a list of current or previous clients and do your own research by quickly checking whether they rank on Google search results for certain competitive keywords.
2. What is your focus area or specialty?
Secondly, you want to ensure that the agency specializes in lawyers’ SEO and understands it well. Working with an agency with extensive experience working with law firm websites will have great advantages. For starters, they’ll know what type of SEO campaign would best suit your law firm website and deliver the results you want. Narrow down your options to only agencies that have worked exclusively with law firms like yours.
3. Explain how you perform keyword research for clients?
Even though there are many tools and methods used in keyword research, basic guidelines must be followed to avoid going against ranking policies used by major search engines. Experienced attorney SEO experts understand the impact that keyword density, use, and search volumes have before they begin optimizing any of your law firm’s web pages. A good agency should demonstrate a wealth of knowledge in effective keyword strategies that don’t just guarantee immediate results but help your law firm’s website stay on top of search engine result pages.
4. Could you mention some SEO tools you use?
Reputable law firm marketing agencies have invested in several tools and resources to effectively improve the law firm’s website rankings. Ask about these tools and find out what advantages they offer their clients. For instance, find out what tools and resources they use during their backlinking process and why. You may also ask about tools they use to perform keyword research and monitor search engine rankings and competitor websites. An experienced agency should be able to explain how they use these tools to get their clients to rank.
5. What is your plan to increase our law firm’s page authority?
Content optimization is a key aspect of search engine optimization SEO, but it’s not all. An experienced attorney SEO agency will also focus on increasing your law firm’s page authority using several techniques. You want to avoid agencies that purchase low-quality backlinks from other websites, as this can lead to more harm than good. For your law firm’s website to rank high on search engines, the agency must implement a strategy that generates quality links from authority pages. Ask them to explain how they go about this process and look out for red flags.
6. Do you customize attorney SEO services for law firms?
Since most agencies work with multiple law firms at a time, it’s important to understand whether they use a standard processor to customize their services for each client. SEO for lawyers is not effective when a one-size-fits-all approach is used. These firms offer social media marketing, website audits, technical SEO, on-page SEO, link building, and content marketing, among others. Ideally, you want them to prioritize only the search engine optimization SEO services that your law firm needs to improve its search engine rankings.
7. How much will I pay for lawyer SEO services?
Some digital marketing agencies offer packages as well as custom solutions that cost hundreds of dollars to upwards of $20,000 per month. If the firm charges for individual attorney SEO services, ask them to share the breakdown so that you clearly understand what you’re paying for. Don’t just assume that because a company is charging thousands of dollars, they are the best ones out there. Consider how they answered the questions you asked and whether they have demonstrated the knowledge and skills required to grow your law firm online.
8. What happens when you achieve high rankings on search engines?
Lastly, it’s important to get some clarity on what the law firm does to keep its clients at the top of search engine results pages. Reputable agencies will offer several ongoing services to make sure that top rankings are more meaningful and sustainable.
How to get started with attorney SEO?
If you’ve already invested in a law firm website, that’s a good first step, but you’ll need more than just the website to attract clients. An effective solution would be to find a reputable company that specializes in SEO for lawyers to provide the tools and knowledge needed to grow your law firm online. Using the right SEO strategy this SEO partner can help you expand your business by acquiring valuable leads that will become long-term clients.