For your law firm to thrive and survive long-term, you need to be visible online. Clients worldwide rely on the internet, and the information they can see online can influence their decision on which law firm to work with. The more visible your law firm is online, the easier it’ll be for you to attract new clients and retain old ones.
Aside from improving your client base, online visibility also improves your branding, enables you to market your legal services with ease, and helps you stand out from the competition. All of these are crucial ingredients to succeed in today’s competitive legal industry.
To boost your law firm’s visibility, take note of the following:
1. Focus On Your SEO
In an era where more than 90% of the world’s population relies on information online, search engine optimization or SEO has become more important than ever. SEO is the practice of improving the quality of your website to earn a better rank in the search engines results pages or SERPs. Statistics show that websites visible on the first page of the SERPs receive more online traffic than websites displayed on the second and third pages.
One way to improve your visibility online is by implementing SEO law firm practices. This is a must if you currently have a website or are planning to build one in the future. Search engines will reward SEO-friendly websites with a better rank in the SERPS, making it easier for you to reach more audiences.
These SEO practices can significantly improve the visibility of your website online:
- Optimize your loading speed: Studies show that online users will only wait three seconds for a website to load. Websites that take longer to load have higher bounce rates, or the number of online users who abandon a website without taking any action. To make your website SEO-friendly, focus on improving its loading speed. You can achieve this goal by reducing redirects, leveraging browser caching, improving server response time, and optimizing images.
- Improve your site’s user experience: Search engines love websites that provide the best user experience, which is why user experience is an important ranking factor. Search engines will reward you with a better ranking if online users can find information on your website quickly and easily. Improve your site’s user experience by using subheadings and making your content visually appealing. Minimizing or completely removing intrusive popups also helps, as seeing too many can be frustrating to online users. This is especially true for individuals who regularly use smartphones when browsing the web.
- Publish long-form content: Content is king when it comes to digital marketing, but this doesn’t mean that you can publish any content and reap the rewards. Search engines will actually rank your website better if it regularly publishes long-form, high-quality content. Ideally, your content should have at least 3000 words with claims backed by studies from reliable sources.
2. Communicate Through Social Media
Billions of people use social media on a regular basis, and not including these platforms in your law firm’s online strategy means losing billions of potential clients. As long as it’s used properly and correctly, social media can become your bridge to reach more clients and create a lasting, positive impact online.
When using social media to improve your law firm’s visibility, make sure to use different strategies for different platforms. Yes, all social media platforms can help you reach more audiences, but you need to implement specific strategies to get the best results from your efforts.
Depending on the platform you’ll use, these tips can come in handy:
- Facebook: Facebook is the most used social media platform in the world, which is why it’s crucial to include it in your online strategy. The key to improving your law firm’s visibility on Facebook is to regularly post content. This will make it easier for online users to remember your law firm. As a result, they’ll know which profile to look for when they’re in need of legal services or who to recommend to their friends and family.
- LinkedIn: LinkedIn is the social network for professionals and is the perfect platform to showcase information about your law firm, its specialization, and experience. Aside from these, you can also better utilize LinkedIn by posting articles on the platform. High-quality articles enable you to highlight your law firm’s expertise while expressing your opinions on certain legal topics. For example, you can talk about child custody in your articles, how the process impacts the children involved, and how your law firm can help expedite the process.
- Instagram: Using Instagram is a must if you want to improve your law firm’s online visibility. You can use this platform to communicate information or give legal advice. Instagram allows you to connect with your target audience on a personal level using visual content, so make sure to use high-quality images to show how your law firm can improve the lives of your clients.
3. Schedule A Virtual Meet-Up
Holding conferences and meet-ups in a physical location is a great way to connect with your target audience, but organizing one can be stressful and costly. These are two of the reasons why small or new law firms can’t afford to hold such large events.
Fortunately, the advent of technology allows you to hold conferences and meet-ups without spending thousands of dollars. Today, you can hold these events online and still experience countless benefits, such as connecting with your target audience at a deeper level and improving the visibility of your law firm.
Most importantly, holding online events will help humanize your law firm as the target audience will get to see your face and personally hear your stories. This will make your target audience feel more at ease about trusting your law firm.
The success of your virtual meet-up depends on how you’re going to advertise the event. Ideally, you should announce the event on your law firm’s website and social media accounts weeks before the date. This will keep online users excited and give them time to prepare.
Aside from letting online users know the date and time of the virtual meet-up, don’t forget to indicate what they can get from attending the event. Are they going to learn more about certain legal topics? Or will you let previous clients talk about their experience with your law firm?
Give online users something to look forward to, so they’ll be eager to join and even share with others about your upcoming virtual meet-up.
4. Use Google My Business
Google is the most used search engine globally, with four billion users. This shows that people worldwide rely on Google when looking for information online.
Google now offers a service called Google My Business, which makes it easier for you to manage your listing in various Google products, such as Google Search and Knowledge Graph, and Google Maps. You can think of Google My Business (GMB) as your professional business listing as it showcases information about your law firm, namely its address and contact number.
To set up a Google My Business account, follow these steps:
- Simply go to the GMB page, search for your law firm’s name and click ‘Manage Now’. If your law firm doesn’t appear on the searches, choose the ‘Add your business to Google’ option and create a free account.
- Enter your law firm’s name, address, and phone number. You can also include other important information, such as your practice areas, business category, and website uniform resource locators (URL).
- One important tip to remember when setting up your GMB account is to make sure that you’re using your law firm’s legal name. Your account will get suspended once Google discovers that you’re using keywords that don’t appear in your business’s legal name.
Setting up a GMB account will ensure that your law firm shows up on the Google Maps Searches and in the Google Local 3-Pack. These are important as statistics show that online users are 2.7 times more likely to click on a website that appears on the top-listed pages of Google.
5. Encourage Clients To Leave Reviews
Law firms exert time and effort to improve their visibility as they want to haul in more clients and earn more profits. It’ll be challenging for any law firm to thrive without the two.
Getting and showcasing client reviews enables you to hit two birds with one stone—earn more profits and attract more clients. Positive client reviews can entice people to visit your website and physical office as reviews show how legitimate and trustworthy your law firm is. Over time, this can result in a consistent stream of income.
Reviews also build trust, which will make it easier for you to convince your target audience to work with your law firm. Positive reviews on various online platforms can convince online users to hire your law firm, resulting in more clients.
You can use different tactics to ask for reviews from your clients. One of the easiest ways to do this is to ask them in person, preferably after you’ve rendered service to them. You can also ask for reviews over the phone or via text, through your website, or via email.
Consistent Monitoring Is Just As Important
To ensure that your law firm has better visibility online, prioritize consistent monitoring. Even if you apply all of the tips mentioned in this article, if you don’t monitor your efforts, you won’t know whether you’re making any progress.
Always monitor your efforts when working on your law firm’s visibility. The information you can acquire from this process will help you determine if you’re using the right strategies or if you need to tweak some parts of them. This will guarantee that your law firm is visible online.
The Complete Guide To Writing A Flawless Influencer Partnership Pitch.
How to Strategize the growth of your Law Business online?