What is Organic Traffic?
Organic traffic is the traffic that we directly get from the search engines. When we search for the search engines and the results we get on the SERPs are considered organic traffic. Let me explain to you with the help of an example. When we will search on Google for something like “Jeans” and results that we get on the Google SERPs are best known as the organic search, and the site that gets a click from that organic search can be best known as the organic traffic for that website.
Why is Organic Traffic the best source of the traffic to your Blog or Website?
If someone says that getting Organic traffic to your website is the easiest task, then don’t trust that person because it is one of the difficult tasks. And that person is no doubt lying to you. I know there was a time when getting organic traffic was easy because of the less competition. But now the time has changed and getting organic search for your blog or website is somehow a lot difficult. But I must say to you that organic traffic is one of the best sources of traffic for your blog or website. I will give you the reasons why it is so:
Your website gets a good Reputation:
When people are finding your website’s posts or pages through search engines, they will think that you are good at doing Search engine optimization and have also done a lot of hard work. This creates a good image of your website in their mind and in return they want to subscribe to you or want links to your site because your keywords are appearing up in the Google SERPs.
Visitors reach you. Instead, you reach them:
Visitors to your blog or website will reach you instead of you researching them through blog commenting, guest posting, and social media. Although we must be using all those techniques to reach a lot of people when people reach you, it makes a good reputation in their minds as I explained in the above point.
With organic traffic you are paid more if you are using any Monetizing network:
According to my experience, I have seen that monetizing networks like Google AdSense, Infolinks, and some others pay more when our website gets more organic traffic instead of the referral or any other type of traffic. I have not only experienced the high CPC rate with the monetizing networks, but many other bloggers have also experienced the same. Whereas with the referral or any other type of traffic I have experienced a lot less earning as compared to the organic search.
And best think It boosts the owner of the website:
Really it is the best thing, from the day I started receiving traffic through Google Search, I feel very relaxed and self-confident. Because getting traffic through organic search Boost me and signals me that I am going on the right path. And I am sure that for other bloggers and webmasters getting results through Google search boosts the self–confidence. And as a result, more hard work on their websites.
Why is this kind of traffic hard to get?
A long time ago when there was no or very little competition, it was a lot easier to get more traffic using the organic search but the competition is increasing day by day. There is a website that keeps on counting the number of websites published each second; its stats show that 1 billion websites are live until today and the number keeps on increasing. You can check the total number of websites on the internet at internetlivestats.com. Now you can yourself put estimate how difficult is to rank a keyword on the first page of Google.
I have taken the above screenshot from the same website which shows how competition has increased in the last five years. From the above stats, you can imagine that how hard it is getting to get organic traffic for your blog or website when there are billions of websites on the internet, and everyone is making an effort to rank on Google SERPs. I recommend you to check the above website if you want to get proper stats about the number of websites and see how it matters a lot.
How to get more Organic traffic to your blog or website?
In the third point, I mentioned that it is hard to get organic traffic to your blog or website. But it is not impossible. Even though I am getting a lot of organic traffic to my blog, and if you have reached this post of mine through organic search, that only means it is possible to get more organic traffic to your website and blog. If you are reading this post because you have subscribed to my blog or through social media or any other referring sites then I will explain to you how organic search is working for me and how you can get the same traffic for your blog or websites. There are many posts on my blog which appear on the first page of Google.
I have written a post on “Does Google Count Keywords in the Url?” Which appears on the first page of Google when searched. And In that post, I have shown some of the results of my blog posts which appear on the first page of Google search. There are much more results, but it will make the post a lot longer. And I don’t want to bore you with a long written post, instead just want to provide some basic information only.
Now let’s move to our main topic how can we get more organic traffic to our blog or website?
There are many things that are responsible for getting the organic type of traffic for your blog or website.
- First, comes Creating Unique content: If your Website doesn’t have unique content, then there is no chance that your site may appear up on the Google SERPs. As content creation is an important part of SEO but it must be handled with care. You can use some of the tools to check if the content you are going to publish is unique or not, you can use any Plagiarism tool for that, and to even check if the content is unique or not on the existing website you can use the Copyscape tool to check the duplicate content.
- On-Page SEO: You must follow the Proper On-page SEO techniques for your website or blog. You can check my post on it; it will help you a lot. While doing On-Page SEO, I will recommend you to use Long tail keywords with LSI Keywords. I have posted on these Topics which could help you get more organic searches. Like how to find longtail keywords and Why to Use Long tail keywords for your blog. And also check a detailed guide about LSI keywords.
- Use Good Off-SEO techniques: Don’t use those techniques which Google has asked you not to use, like in 2015 there were many Off-Page SEO techniques that were asked Google to stop practicing. But still, there are a number of Off-Page SEO techniques which work well. Like, I follow the techniques which have helped me to get on the first page of Google SERPs. So, The techniques which I use to get more organic traffic for my blog are Blog commenting, Guest posting, Social Bookmarking, Social media optimization, the Skyscraper technique, exchanging links, and taking part in community sites like Indiblogger, Inbound, and Growthhacker.
- Look for the keywords with less or No competition but with high Traffic: sometimes it becomes a difficult task to look for those keywords which have high traffic and very little competition. But believe me that it will not be a waste of time. Once you find this kind of keyword, you will be able to get an Organic search for your keywords easily.
- More importantly, follow the rules of Google: As we all know that if we are not going to follow the rules of Google, then we are going to reach nowhere. Google is becoming smart than human beings and uses artificial intelligence which makes it more dangerous.
Some Extra Tips which will help:
- Don’t copy content from other websites and use it on your website.
- Build Quality links; bad links could end up with a Google penalty.
- Try not to use the exact match anchor text for your links.
- Publish Long Post. As Google likes the detailed and well-written posts. So, you can read about it on that how long a blog post should be.
- Use Keywords in the URL of the page or post.
- Write a post that attracts the other blogs to link to you naturally.
- And the last point that I want to share with you is to try to write a post that helps others.
Finally, What I want to say:
In the above Points, I wrote that it is difficult to get Organic traffic but not impossible. So, you can get more traffic. As there is no doubt that organic traffic is the best kind of Traffic, I want your opinion also. So, leave your opinion in your comments.