Are you an upcoming iOS app developer or an expert programmer wanting to expand your repertoire? Technology has changed and companies and businesses are struggling to keep up with the latest technological trends to simplify their daily tasks. This has increased demands for mobile apps that are used for almost any kind of task. There are various kinds of apps in every industry that are used to simplify processes. To develop effective apps you need to learn from the best. Whether it’s an Android app development course or iOS, you need experts to guide you through in your app development career to make it successful. Fortunately, there are many resources to help you with this and all you need to do is enroll for an online course to understand the various languages, frameworks, and code for your ios app development. Some of these courses are free while others are paid for. The courses also differ in levels; some are more advanced than others. You need to know your level first before enrolling for one. In the following article, we are going to explore 4 free iOS app development courses to help programmers sharpen their app development techniques to produce effective and efficient iOS apps.
1. iOS 12 & Swift –(Udemy)
The inspiration for this course on Swift 4.2 was from a 3-year in-person Bootcamp experience in London. The course involves classes that teach mobile app programmers on how to code and build proficient iOS 12 apps for iPhone and iPad. The course focuses on beginners who want to learn coding skills. If you are an enthusiastic programmer you will get all the knowledge needed to succeed in your iOS mobile app development. Since the content of the program keeps changing, you stay updated with the latest trends. The course helps learners to get hands-on and impress potential clients with neat and efficiently developed applications.
- This is a beginners level training that doesn’t require prior experience to start off.
- The course also allows you to build your programming knowledge and at the same time make real-world apps like Pokemon Go, Whatsapp, QuizUp and more.
- As an upcoming developer, you will have an enriched experience from the video tutorials that are fun and interactive.
- Besides the regular developing skills you will learn, you will also get acquainted with advanced concepts like augmented reality and machine learning models to incorporate in your iOS development.
- By the time you are through with this course, you will be awarded a portfolio of over 25 apps that you can showcase to potential clients.
- The training exposes you to a thorough knowledge of object-oriented programming, software design, networking, and more.
The cause has over 514 Lectures, 109 Articles, and full lifetime access. The course takes 54.5 hours with a 4.8 out of 5 ratings.
2. iOS 11 & Swift 4 – (Udemy)
The iOS developer and instructor for this course are called Angela Yu. She is a brilliant instructor bringing you this awesome course for upcoming developers and experts to equip learners with skills for iOS 11 App Development. Used languages include Xcode 9 and Swift 4. You will be exposed to curriculums like Full ARKit and CoreML Modules. This is the most popular iOS course so far. What has made this possible is the expert trainer in both iOS and WatchOS development? She is also proficient in Swift and Objective-C. Angela has been programming since she was 12, creating over 70 apps and gaming apps over the years! She is a reputable developer and her course is highly sought after. She is also humorous, efficient and intelligent as she interacts with her students.
- It is one of the highest-rated IOS App development courses hands down not only in iOS but also on other platforms.
- The instructor – Angela updates her content regularly and promises to hold your hand throughout the program.
- You can start with no programming knowledge.
- Trainees will be able to make real-world apps like Pokemon Go, Whatsapp, QuizUp and Yahoo Weather.
- Angela was featured in popular publications such as The Next Web, Computer Weekly, App Developer Magazine and much more.
- She has invested over $8000worth app development Bootcamp course materials and curriculum at an affordable cost.
- The course is available in 6 languages including Japanese, Spanish, Italian and Turkish.
The cause takes 49 hours and enjoys a rating of 4.8 out of 5.
3. iOS Certification Course: (Coursera)
Are you a mobile app developer who wants to build a foundation in iOS and go from Objective-C novice to iOS app developer fast? You will find this course quite helpful. The course was created by the University of California – Irvine and is taught by 5 professors namely Ralf Brockhaus, UCI Extension Instructor; Justin-Nicholas Toyama, UCI Extension Instructor; Frank Ayars, UCI Extension Instructor; Don Patterson, Associate Professor, and Sam Kaufman, Partner at Gradient FAQs. These individuals have contributed to its highly rated and recommended by attendees. Here are some of their features that make this course great.
- As a mobile app developer, you will learn to create your app while you become proficient in Objective-C, UIKit, and SpriteKit.
- The course equips you on how to leverage networking, security, location, and sensor frameworks.
- Immediately you finish your classes, you are given a practical test Capstone Project, where you will have created a networked game that incorporates sensors on the phone for a unique gaming experience.
- It is highly recommended by students who have already done it and it’s also highly rated.
- Since it’s available online on Coursera, the course is accessed by anyone from every corner of the world.
This course takes about 9 months and enjoys a 4.7 out of 5 ratings.
4. Complete iOS 12 & Swift Developer Course – (Udemy)
This is a great course if you want to develop the skills to build your envisioned apps. XCode and Interface Builder, Swift, accelerometers and motion feedback, online storage with parse are some of the crucial concepts covered. The best thing about this course is that you don’t require prior knowledge is required to start. Whether you are an expert with some coding skills or you are just starting a developer, you can begin classes irrespective of your current coding experience. The course offers straightforward lessons making the best program under this category.
- Developers get to establish a strong foundation by building their first iOS apps.
- You can take on the challenges of accompanying the lessons and measure your grasp on the topics covered.
- Trainees can ask questions and get clarification as they interact with their instructors.
- You will also acquire knowledge and tricks to make the coding experience simpler and efficient.
There are 305 Lectures, 135 Articles and you will get full lifetime access. The course takes I.5 hours with a rating of 4.5 out of 5.
It is always an added advantage when you increase your knowledge of iOS app development. Whether you are a beginner or you have a need in the app development industry for some time, increasing your repertoire is a good thing as it allows you to build your portfolio. Your knowledge will earn you considerable favor with many clients so take advantage of these four courses to pursue your app development career.